Wooo, Sumthing NEW! to me anyway

GAL

Im gonna come across real thick here! can someone explain the little buttons on the windscreen wiper controls.

ones a slider with 0 1 2 0 and the other is the button. I originally thought that the slider was a speed setting for the wipers and the button was to shoot some window wash from. I thought both were faulty until I was bored on the motorway and started playing and noticed the little digital display start to change

I gather whats its for now but i dont understand the slider. hold it on zero and it resets but what is one and two for. one gives me more mpg on the display. i dont quite get it. how does the mph thing work?

also there seems to be two clocks. one when the little arrow isnt pointing to anything and one when it is!

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
hi,

These are your trip and accumulated distance counters.

if you slide it to '1' you see the distance travelled, average speed, mpg etc for your trip which is basically until you leave your car for an hour or two.

If you slide it to '2' this is like your total distance covered,MPG, speed etc since the last reset.

To reset it, slide it to 0.

ie.

sliding it to 0 1 will reset counters in set 1 - 0 on the left handside of 1
sliding it to 2 0 will reset counters in set 2 - 0 on the right handside of 2

:D

cozzie121

Mar 20, 2007
my temperature sensor works on my 8v, its not quite accurate but i dont know a car that is!

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
the temp sensor is clipped in front of the radiator which will throw the temperature out when your not moving and then when you are moving it displays slightly lower.

If it doesn't display at all then try disconnecting the sensor, cleaning it up and refitting :)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
is that where the blitter is.. i assumed it was by a heat source as the outside temp gets warmer with the car lol... maybe a relocation would be more accurate.. if i cared enough to do it that is :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.