Workspace

Icingdeath

Aug 3, 2020
Hi, I want to ceramic coat my car, only thing is the kit I have says best applied indoors, while I have a garage and know people that have garages, they may as well be renamed sheds as they are full of rubbish, does anyone know where I could rent a workspace that is indoors for a weekend to get it done?

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Agree, I haven't had a car in the garage for many years! If you have a large kitchen or a small car...:D 190904-florida-smart-car-a46b.fit-760w.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bedlam

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Hi, I want to ceramic coat my car, only thing is the kit I have says best applied indoors, while I have a garage and know people that have garages, they may as well be renamed sheds as they are full of rubbish, does anyone know where I could rent a workspace that is indoors for a weekend to get it done?
Maybe add where you are situated ??????????? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Icingdeath

Aug 3, 2020
I like the kitchen area, would a Leon fit in between it? I am south England but to be honest I want to get this done so happy to travel, plus an excuse to just drive the cupra ?

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
You need something like this:-

They're in Oxford though, £20 an hour to hire a ramp/workshop space

Not the easiest thing to "google" to be honest as all you seem to get is a load of website offering commercial rental of properties, and that's not really relevant. So with a bit of tweaking to the google search you may find something similar nearer where you live?

Icingdeath

Aug 3, 2020
Thanks mate, I saw them for £20 per hours but I need two days and probably 10 hours a day, best I have got is someone on gumtree but he is 150 miles from me, oh well will keep looking.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Thanks mate, I saw them for £20 per hours but I need two days and probably 10 hours a day, best I have got is someone on gumtree but he is 150 miles from me, oh well will keep looking.
Oh crikey, yeah that'd be £400 - cheaper to pay someone to do the ceramic for you at that rate :LOL:

All you need is an empty industrial unit somewhere I guess - not a fully equipped garage!

Is it worth going around some local industrial estates to see if anyone has some space they're prepared to let you "borrow"?

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Outside will be fine to do it in as long as you know it’s gonna be dry for around 24 hours to let it cure and set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icingdeath

Aug 3, 2020
Outside will be fine to do it in as long as you know it’s gonna be dry for around 24 hours to let it cure and set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i know mate, but in the UK can you ever really trust it not to rain, the box says don't expose to sunlight also, and as soon as a car drives past dust could stick to it, so would rather find somewhere indoors. it may be sorted anyway, someone wants me to repair a pagoda for them and they have a big empty garage, so thinking of offering the work for free if i can use their space.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Oh crikey, yeah that'd be £400 - cheaper to pay someone to do the ceramic for you at that rate :LOL:

All you need is an empty industrial unit somewhere I guess - not a fully equipped garage!

Is it worth going around some local industrial estates to see if anyone has some space they're prepared to let you "borrow"?
That's a good idea, but will most likely be scuppered by insurance requirements of the unit, as in a non business (3rd party) petrol vehicle within the building

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.