World Record on Brake Pads ?

Stubill

Swine Bird !
Aug 13, 2002
The New Forest
Visit site
106K with orginal pads and discs all round.

Rears are in need of changing ASAP, but rekon I can get another 20K out of the fronts.

Any challengers ??

And no, I don't drive like Miss Daisy - far from it :D

Redcupra20vt

Jan 9, 2004
kent
Visit site
i thought i did well to get 50k out of a set of fronts on my ibiza i am still on the originals at the back at 60k still on original disks all round too

motorway miles too

Paul

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
4th set at 18K:bleh:

(but I must admit the third set were replaced before they needed it @ 17K when I changed my disks as they were at the min thickness)(no motorway miles)

Pilot561

As a matter of interest, what is the average for the 312mm pads and disks on the Toledo 20VT, I've done nearly 40,000 miles, do they have wear indicators?

prc

Sooty Meister
Pilot561 said:
As a matter of interest, what is the average for the 312mm pads and disks on the Toledo 20VT, I've done nearly 40,000 miles, do they have wear indicators?

yes, the 288mm TDI and 312mm V5/20VT which use the same caliper have wear indicators. Like Stubill I do mostly highway (90%).

I have since upgraded brakes but downgraded life expectency and my wallet....:cry:

I now get 40-50k miles from each set of £140 pads...:(

prc

Sooty Meister
about every 10 months ...:(
The rears last quite a long time though. Think the vented rears stay cooler saving on pad life (only speculation).
Stop great! Never ever got them to fade, but the brake dust is huge (not a real problem, just more washing) and the clear coat on the wheels are a bit pited, which i suspect is from the hot brake dust.:confused:

I think fast road and race pads tend to do this ...:confused: