Would you spend 48k for this

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Test drove the Megane 265 (amongst other hot hatches) before I bought my Cupra.
It was great, but always 'on it'. No way could I drive it all day..
Which is why I love the 280, it snaps at the heels of this rude boy's wet dream, but is so much more grown up, and loaded with all the toys. And not to mention fast as funk.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Anyone who pays £48k for one of those needs locking up for their own safety.
its French, it'll break. Or sleep with your sister after drinking your wine. And then flirt with your mother. And smoke . Possibly sleep with your father too. And eat your horse. Then go on strike . So no.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
its French, it'll break. Or sleep with your sister after drinking your wine. And then flirt with your mother. And smoke . Possibly sleep with your father too. And eat your horse. Then go on strike . So no.

All valid points well made

Sep 29, 2009
norwich

OK don't knock it because it french I also have a Pug 5008 7 seater and its better quality than a Seat Believe Me, now coming up to 65k never had any problems, no rattles, seats still like new. Whens its time to replace this car if I can afford I will get another one not sure I will replace the seat for another Seat.
Please lets not start a debate about Frence cars on the thread only price of the Megane.

Sorry and Thank you got that of my chest. winds be up about people knock french cars VW BMW MERCS don't have the best track record reliability.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
OK don't knock it because it french I also have a Pug 5008 7 seater and its better quality than a Seat Believe Me, now coming up to 65k never had any problems, no rattles, seats still like new. Whens its time to replace this car if I can afford I will get another one not sure I will replace the seat for another Seat.
Please lets not start a debate about Frence cars on the thread only price of the Megane.

Sorry and Thank you got that of my chest. winds be up about people knock french cars VW BMW MERCS don't have the best track record reliability.

True! I recall a stat about the top 10 list of car manufacturers who's cars had suffered major engine/mechanical failure - Merc and Audi were both near the top. If its French then it's the electronics I'd be more concerned about.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Some people have no sense of humour...... ok, so it might not break, but it will still drink your wine, sleep with your sister, flirt with your mother, smoke, sleep with your father, eat your horse, and have hairy armpits. And possibly smell of cheese.
And before anyone starts bleating I have 1. Over 10 years experience of running French cars covering 50k a year , not just mine but other engineers too 2. My maternal grandfather was French. ( my grandmother was German bet that was a laugh in the war..... )
plus... serious? On a thread about a £48k Renault? Really? Bahahahaha :rofl:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I priced by Leon SC SE 2.0 on the seat website and that came out at 23k, 1 year later and its was on the forecourt for 14995......purchased for 11500

Buying a brand spanking new cars make's you a fool!

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
I priced by Leon SC SE 2.0 on the seat website and that came out at 23k, 1 year later and its was on the forecourt for 14995......purchased for 11500

Buying a brand spanking new cars make's you a fool!

mine was 9 months old 700 miles priced at £21.500 dealer would not budge not even give me free gap insurance or anything, how on earth did you get £3.500 off that price must have been desperate to get shot of it. But do agree with you and what a fantastic buy and well done.

Last edited:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
mine was 9 months old 700 miles priced at £21.500 dealer would not budge not even give me free gap insurance or anything, how on earth did you get £3.500 off that price must have been desperate to get shot of it. But do agree with you and what a fantastic buy and well done.

My Mrs also bought a car from them at the same time (brand new seat mii which is cheap anyway) so they gave us a discount on mine. They said they couldn't do anything on hers because it was brand new.

That on top of haggling more money for my old mk4 ibiza and haggling to get them to contribute 500 towards the deposit of mine (i paid 200 deposit)

Mike was exactly 1year old with 8900 on the clock

Last edited:

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
I wouldnt buy a 'new' fully loaded Seat Leon either, it is a great car but the interior dosent exude the quality I would want at the price. I would much rather buy a car 12- months old, or older, and let someone else suffer the depreciation.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I realise I said I wouldn't by a new a car, then in my 2nd post I say my Mrs brought a new car so to clarify lol........women never listen.

Last edited:

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
At 48k I'd be amazed if anyone bought it. There's just so much else you'd rather have. It would take a die hard Renault enthusiast , maybe there's one out there :confused::3rd:

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I wouldnt buy a 'new' fully loaded Seat Leon either, it is a great car but the interior dosent exude the quality I would want at the price. I would much rather buy a car 12- months old, or older, and let someone else suffer the depreciation.

Or buy it from a broker at 6k discount with £1000 contribution from seat and 0 % finance. Think that more than off sets the depreciation.