wrapping grill

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
who's wrapped the chrome trim on their FR grill themselves ? is it relatively easy to do to a high standard ? cheers

Peter W

Aug 8, 2014
Larne, County Antrim
Plasti-dip's fine if you don't mind the matt/satin finish. Anything else and wrapping's the way to go. I did mine in gloss carbon fibre which turned out great. I used insulating tape to put onto the bumper temperarily where it meets the chrome grille. This was to stop me cutting into the paint with the blade, as you need to cut the wrap slightly bigger than the surround, so you can tuck it around it. You'll need a heatgun or hairdryer too. It was easier on the MK2 leon, as it was easy to remove the grille surround. The MK3 grille removal is a bumper off job, so I did it on the car. Getting rid of the chrome is the best thing you can do, as it looks woeful!

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
I didnt realise it was bumper off job to reomove the grill, could they make these Leons any more awkward

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
I have used the original, it hold up fine, no peeling, but the area must be 100% clean. Any small damages can be repaired very quickly. There is lot of color options, plus glossifier, metalizer, etc. Its up to you what color/finish you choose

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Had mine wrapped by a pro lol. Did my old mk2 one myself as the chrome came off.
Went for matte black wrap over gloss to be different to everyone else.
Also have the mk1 splitter fitted which is also matte black so blends in well.

6afdaebec5affc23f7954a43fcfd3da1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Had mine wrapped by a pro lol. Did my old mk2 one myself as the chrome came off.
Went for matte black wrap over gloss to be different to everyone else.
Also have the mk1 splitter fitted which is also matte black so blends in well.

6afdaebec5affc23f7954a43fcfd3da1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's what I'm after, who did your wrap ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members