Wrapping the front bits

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Parking sensors use Ultrasonic Sound Waves, wrapping over them should not affect them in anyway.
I had my mk2 wrapped, and my mk 3 cupra wrapped to hide the screw holes from the larger plate. All fine.

However have heard some films have caused issues. Don’t know what, maybe the thicker chrome or carbon wraps, or with something extra in the material. The plain black shouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re near Preston I know someone who is really good but also cheap.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I had my mk2 wrapped, and my mk 3 cupra wrapped to hide the screw holes from the larger plate. All fine.

However have heard some films have caused issues. Don’t know what, maybe the thicker chrome or carbon wraps, or with something extra in the material. The plain black shouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re near Preston I know someone who is really good but also cheap.

Yeah I imagine the metallic/ reflective type films might interfere slightly.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Oh good. I don't fancy doing it in this weather. Any idea what is the going rate to get that and the bottom bit of the bumper done?

I had it done on my Ibiza and it cost me £40. This was at a local company where I knew the lads though. I wouldn't pay any more than £60 for a top job.

Or of course give it a shot yourself. £25 in vinyl wrap or £15 in PlastiDip and a Sunday afternoon.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.