Wrong order

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
My 1.6 TDI DSG, highly specced SE arrived into the dealers today, nine weeks after ordering it.

....except that it wasn't a DSG. The factory misbuilt my car with a manual transmission.

Gutted.

The dealer realised while it was still on the lorry and got onto SEAT right away. It was ordered correctly, messed up at the factory. It's going to have to be a new order. Pretty sure the dealer was as gutted as I am...he's obviously pushing for it to be remade quickly, but we're gonna have to wait to hear what SEAT have to say.

So disappointed. I really thought I was about to end my ridiculous habit of refreshing the "Expected Delivery" thread 15 times a day in the hopes of new info...but I guess not.

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
The 5k discount sounds nice, but I really don't want a manual...and I've ordered the ACC with Front Assist and was so looking forward to using that with the DSG trans...

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
If it's being reordered, get SEAT to throw in a couple of extra options. Allowing a car to be shipped with something as obvious as the wrong transmission is highlighting serious flaws in the factory's quality control procedures. It's embarrassing for them, and an inconvenience to you.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
A friend of ours received his new Landie with all pomp and show a couple of years back. Err is that the correct gearstick for an auto? He asked
Red faces all round. The dealer hadn't even noticed.

So here's what you do:

1 Get a free courtesy car of your choice from stock (maybe even the manual LEON) and "enjoy" it for 4 months at their expense. Reason: Your trade in is losing value
2 Get a few extras thrown in eg bodykit, mudflaps, LED lighting, rear boot liner. Browse the accessories catalogue at your convenience and heart's desire. Reason: inconvenience and breach of contract.

You can always say you'll cancel the contract and that leaves them with a Hi spec car they may or may not be able to sell. They'll do a deal with the support of SEAT

Last edited:

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Gutted for you, mate. Ours has been sat at Tynemouth docks for over a week now, waiting for a car transporter to bring it down to the dealers. I'll go apesh*t if ours doesn't have a DSG either.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
A friend of ours received his new Landie with all pomp and show a couple of years back. Err is that the correct gearstick for an auto? He asked

So here's what you do:

1 Get a free courtesy car of your choice from stock (maybe even the manual LEON) and "enjoy" it for 4 months at their expense. Reason: Your trade in is losing value
2 Get a few extras thrown in eg bodykit, mudflaps, LED lighting, rear boot liner. Browse the accessories catalogue at your convenience and heart's desire. Reason: inconvenience and breach of contract.

You can always say you'll cancel the contract and that leaves them with a Hi spec car they may or may not be able to sell. They'll do a deal with the support of SEAT

That would have been my other answer but too long winded to type on a tablet ;)

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014

So here's what you do:

+1

Agreed. This is the best thing to do.
I am really sorry for you, but if I were in your case I would do the above mentioned or would of have gone for the manual one with the big 5K discount. :(

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks for the sympathy and advice guys. I'll keep you updated on what I hear back.

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
The car's been reordered under priority...but they don't have a build date yet. Still waiting to hear what "priority" translates to. And they're giving me a car to drive until mine arrives.

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
Thanks man. I'll let ya's know when I hear my build date. *crosses fingers*

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.