Wrong Pedal Box supplied!!!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
well got a call on saturday that my pedal box was in, so my gf picked it up today and when i got home what do i find....what only i can assume is a mk4 pedal box!!!!! :censored:[:@] I've been waiting for 3 weeks for this so to say the least i am pee'd off!!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
well got a call on saturday that my pedal box was in, so my gf picked it up today and when i got home what do i find....what only i can assume is a mk4 pedal box!!!!! :censored:[:@] I've been waiting for 3 weeks for this so to say the least i am pee'd off!!

don't assume - check it

what's the part number ?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
6K1721115A

double check the part number again JUST in case (if it's still right read on if you dare :) )

change the 6K1 to 6K2 and you will get a RHD not a LHD :whistle:

i personally would double check the part number on chassis also just to be 100% sure (pm me ya chassis and ill check) but that part number is for a LHD car

probably would explain the delay in arriving if it had to be imported all the way from spain rather than from MKeynes :doh:

Last edited:

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
ah great :( thank you bristol SEAT!!

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
double check the invoice too mind - way too common too get a 'mispick' which is paperwork and order and all is good but part itself is incorrect

with all the procedures involved in input/del note/invoicing/parts check/picking and delivery etc it's all too easy for one to slip somewhere even down to etka etc having an error in it or parts not even listed - seen it all and then some

to be honest it used to be an average of 2 out of 20 parts I had something bent/wrong or need re-order and logistics of every dealer/part etc has to be a nightmare before you add the fact partsmen are human :p

been there done it and suffered the consquences (still am to be honest) oops

by the way you have pm :):)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
It's all part of the valver experience and i swear the reason a 16v motor is named the 'ABF'

stands for Aggggh B****x F*** it

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
to be honest it used to be an average of 2 out of 20 parts I had something bent/wrong or need re-order and logistics of every dealer/part etc has to be a nightmare before you add the fact partsmen are human :p

Blimey, that's about 1 in 10 parts! :p

The joys of parts departments eh. Fortunately the Leicester dealer seems to be fairly on-the-ball.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Doesnt look anything like the one I pulled out but it definitely looks stronger and the same bit wouldn't give way on this design.

Phoned Bristol SEAT and they can funnily enough get me the proper one tomorrow, thanks to Fl@pper for the right code!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.