www.new-car-discount.com

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...The prices seem pretty cheap, lower than drive the deal.
Check whether you will be the First Registered keeper on the V5. [Sec 10b in their T&C's].

When buying last year I asked NCD.com this and the answer was "No", if I wanted a car where I was the first keeper then it would be another £3000.
DTD's price was for a car with me as first keeper.

Why does it matter?
Most insurance policies offer a replacement car or the full purchase price if your car is stolen/written-off in its first year, but only if you are the First Registered Keeper.

Given the small price difference, a few hundred £££ iirc, then I decided the potential downside wasn't worth the small saving for me. HTH

ganticus

May 5, 2014
I have been tracking the Cupra price on NCD. It mentions the price includes first registration fee. I take it that should mean that - in this particular example - you will be the first registered keeper on the V5?

I am looking to buy a Cupra soon and might try Autobid too as their price is close to NCD and they suggest they will undercut competitors.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...It mentions the price includes first registration fee. I take it that should mean that - in this particular example - you will be the first registered keeper on the V5?...

Not necessarily. My NCD.com quote was like that, but I wouldn't have been the first keeper.

I only got clarification by phoning them.

I'd ensure that any vehicle order confirmation clearly states that you will be the First Registered Keeper before you sign and return it, if it is important to you.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
For a factory order, yes, you would be the first registered keeper. They order through a dealer just like anybody else.

The only situation you wouldn't be, is an in-stock car already, which they do.

Unfortunately, their prices seem very good, but their GFV, 10,000 mile minimum P.A. and 5.5% interest aren't competitive.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

Anybody used these? good / bad ?

The prices seem pretty cheap, lower than drive the deal.

Worth checking out the process, I reckon. I haven't ordered from a broker (considering doing this for next car) but if you order from carwow, you're buying direct from the dealership.

With www.new-car-discount.com, you have to pay the broker in full before the car is delivered - from what I read.

That would put me off although I guess there are ways to limit the risk....

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
For a factory order, yes, you would be the first registered keeper...
That wasn't my experience so I wouldn't make any assumptions.

It's simple enough to phone and seek clarification of any quote*, then check before signing the paperwork that it explicitly states what you are expecting. No nasty surprises that way.HTH

[*They may try and tell you that it makes no difference. GAP insurance might be suitable if the saving on a pre-reg car is significant and you want to proceed].

Timbur

Apr 27, 2016
I used drive the deal really happy with deal I got the dealer was in Ashford 270 miles from me but was spot on and I don't think I got charged for the sun roof lol

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
some brokers will illegally register the new car to a third party or 'fleet'

Suppose it's a way of getting the price down. NCD offer more than £7k off list on a 290 black DSG. Surely that's worth taking even if you are the second registered keeper?

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Suppose it's a way of getting the price down. NCD offer more than £7k off list on a 290 black DSG. Surely that's worth taking even if you are the second registered keeper?

Not a problem if that's what you are expecting but its different to buying a pre registered car. A lot of people don't realise until they get the log book back, and they would have been driving with VOID insurance until they are the registered keeper not to mention they do not own the car they have just paid for. You just need to check over the phone if you will be the registered keeper or not, often the very cheapest deals you wont be so its just weighing up whether it is worth the extra saving or not

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members