Xenon light

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
My drivers side xenon light stopped working , light on dash showing fault aswel.
I have changed the bulb , swapped the ballasts over and checked / changed fuses for the headlights and still no luck. Is there anything else it could be as getting into winter don’t want just one headlight lol

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi are you able to check the ballasts for power to see if it’s getting any? Or have you got a mate with a multimeter who can help you? I’d check the connector on the side that works and then go over the the same wire on the bad side and see if it shows voltage. If not then trace back to the fuse box checking the fuses etc.

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
I have a multimeter , so check the actual plug going into the headlight from the loom ?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yea I can’t think for the life of me what wire the power should be but one of the wires should power the ballast. If the ballast has power you need to make sure it’s grounded properly otherwise it won’t work either.

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
Yeah well I swapped the ballasts over and the drivers one works in the passenger side ?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yeah well I swapped the ballasts over and the drivers one works in the passenger side ?
Ah ok sorry didn’t realise you got it to work by swapping the ballast over. So the ballast works on that side. Does the side that’s not working have power?

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
Well that’s what I don’t know as I know the ballasts are both fine. Bulb is ok also. Fuses are good. Il need to check the actual plug coming from the harness it’s self , If that’s okay it must be something internal in the unit ? Actually so annoying

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
Plugged it in and code came up - 00979 open or short to plus. Tried resetting and came back right away when turned lights on. Anyone had this before

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I’m so confused on what you’ve done so far. You say you’ve put the ballast from the working side to the non working side and it worked afew posts ago? Which would mean it would needs a new ballast for the non working side wouldn’t it?

Sandypark8

Sep 9, 2016
Right .... ? .... I swapped over the ballast and bulb from the working side into the non working and it still didn’t work and the ballast and bulb from the non working side works fine in the still ok side.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Right ok. Check for 12v going to the bulb via the connector on the back of it. If there isn’t power check power going into the ballast if there isn’t power check power on the fuse box for that side circuit. Check for continuity from the connection from the bulb all the way back to the fuse box. One of these things will find your problem 100%

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.