Xperia Z5 Bluetooth Connectivity?

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Hi

Does anyone else have a Sony Xperia Z5 and have you managed to get it to reliably connect to the stereo? (Not sure of the model - I have the standard one that comes with the tech pack on a late-2015 FR - it was registered in mid-December).

My wife and I both had Xperia Z phones (the first generation) and they connected OK in phone mode, although we had to manually start the music players to make bluetooth audio streaming work.

We've now both upgraded to the Z5 model, so have deleted the Z-models from the list of paired devices.

I've connected my Z5, but it will only connect once. Next time I use the car, I have to delete it from the list of paired devices and find it again to make it connect.

Anyone else having trouble with a Z5, or know of a solution? I think the last bluetooth update for the stereos was released early or mid 2015, so is the phone too new for the stereo's software? I could only find up to the Z3 in the list of compatible models.

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
I've got a may 14 plate with tech pack (older unit with sat nav) and a Z5 compact. Wife has Z3. No connection issues at all.

Make sure phone & apps are up to date.

Check headunit software version, there is always a thread on here about that.

I use Spotify and sometimes PowerAmp. Every app update means I have to stop the latter auto-starting when it detects BT. Spotify doesn't auto-start for me. Think this is a phone setup issue, not car.

Last edited:

dahuky

Sep 26, 2015
when you use the sony music application, in throw select your seat, works for me with my z2

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
Thanks, I'll check the head unit software version tonight. It's not just bluetooth audio streaming that I'm having problems with, the phone won't connect in phone mode unless I delete it from the list of paired devices and re-pair it each time.

The Phone firmware etc is up to date. I have a bunch of apps that need updating, but none look like they'd stop the phone pairing in hands-free phone mode (the ones I never use like Eugh-tube, faceplant etc). I'm updating them anyhow.

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
I have a Z5 and the Bluetooth randomly disconnects and reconnects with the head unit. I had a Windows phone before that which gave me no issues though. I was thinking it was an issue with the phone but it remains paired to other stuff, its just with the head unit, they don't like each other...

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
I've checked the stereo settings. They're...

Device part number: 5QA035858
Hardware: H24
Software: 0241
Navigation database: 6P0919866
ECE 2015/16

Is that the latest software version?

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Hi,

I am using z5 and had no problems so far (late 2015 cupra st). I havent been able to start android auto thought, probably not supported on this phone. Mirror link works usually.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I've a Z5 and been having a couple of issues with the phone generally (wont recognise SD card, widgets removed from desktop on restart) both of which are supposedly getting fixed with Android 6 due soon.

While I've not tried streaming from the phone over Bluetooth to the car as yet, I have used the phone as a phone over Bluetooth and taht works fine. Having said that I have noticed a few times when driving the notification pops up on dash saying phone has connected so I do wonder if there is some Bluetooth issue going on.

I didn't see that with my last phone (Z1).

Hopefully the coming Android 6 update will address that, but time will tell. In the mean time I'll try Bluetooth streaming and see how we get on.....