Yay !

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
Yay ! Car is fixed. K&N Question inside...

Car is now fixed, £246.23 EEEEK !! Not bad really. The parts came to more than the labour for the first time in forever I think.

Nice new manifold on the Beeza.

Now I want my whistle back from the K&N 57i. Anyone know where the cheapest place to get the K&N cleaning kit from ???

Anyone done a clean on one before ? Is it easy/hard ? (had for a numbnut like me)

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Matty , you might have a filter that fits in your 'frying pan'. (airfilter box is frying pan shaped) OR, it might be a K&N off a POLO.. my old one was on the Red 1.4 cleaning it.. .. I used to do mine with a brush occasionally

:)

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
hehe sorry, I have the K&N 57i Kit. That sits on top the hole and then a hose to the front of the car.

I was wondering if there was a panel at the front of the car to replace with a K & N model too ?? I really ought to take a pic of the engine bay to show you what I mean.

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
little cone shaped filter that sits where the frying pan 'should ' go?
I think I know the one, fella .. dunno of any 'panel' though...

hehe try this. (ignore the fact its a VW) you will get the idea.

matty.JPG

The red bit is the K&N cone thingy

The yellow is the cold pipe to the front of car

The purple is what I am asking about - is there a standard OEM panel filter there and if so can I swap it for a K&N one ??

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
hehe try this. (ignore the fact its a VW) you will get the idea.

matty.JPG

The red bit is the K&N cone thingy

The yellow is the cold pipe to the front of car

The purple is what I am asking about - is there a standard OEM panel filter there and if so can I swap it for a K&N one ??

thats a bling engine bay :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise