Yellow Beastie - '03 LCR Now Stage 2 :D

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Doing all the work myself was ment to save me a load of money but she still cost me in parts as found the supply and return fuel hoses for the fuel rail were pretty well perished. I did try to remove the hoses from those funny plastic right angle parts that clip on and off but unfortunately they snapped while trying to undo the metal clamps holding the rubber pipe work on. So now have two shiny new fuel lines and emptier pockets.
Overall though, very happy with how the engine bay is starting to look. The black silicon pipe work and polished metal conponants gives the bay a nice kind of oem + look :) May be time for some carbon fibre to find it's way into the bay soon for the engine bay and front cover etc.

Anyway, got her all back together and leak checked on the drive. Took here out for a spin and initially had traction control & and captions on all the time. Also had a fault code for to low a battery voltage.

A quick double check of all the power supply connections soon found a main earth spade connector that I hadn't tighten down to the body. Quick bolt down of this and bye bye caption :) the car was also now starting much more readily as she normally would :)

Took her out again for a drive and the two captions went out and not been back since, very happy!!

Car seemed spot on. Boosting well now those pcv splits had gone. Now fuel leaks from the refitted injectors and no fault codes. Very happy me as this was late Thursday morning and I was booked in at AmD the next morning first thing for a stage 2 remap.

So Friday morning came and 0600 saw me leaving Norwich to get to AmD Essex for 0830. All was going great with the car and traffic until just before 8am. I had just come off the M25 at Junction 28 to top up with good old V-power and middle of rejoining the M25 see big plumes of white smoke pouring out from under the bonnet. Needless to say, straight over onto the hard shoulder, hazards on and engine off. Looking under the bonnet saw an explosion of coolant running all down the rear bulkhead and over the right side of the block. Let's just say the air went a bit blue, I couldn't believe it!!
So calls to AmD and my breakdown company and 2 hours later I arrived at AmD on the back of a tow truck. Not what I had in mind!!!

Anyways, the guys at AmD soon had the failed part identified and swapped out :) then time to get mapping.

Pre map figures from the old revo stage 1 were 260 bhp / 279 lbft.

Post remap gave me 278.7 bhp and 312.5 lbft on the second run.

So nice solid figures and more importantly a lovely smooth graph. It's also very good to know they were very happy with the engine and couldn't find any issues :)

Had a fun run home and a few blast out back round local roads. Not huge power but nice all the engine mods are now running together a lot better. Also the handling work so far can be put to good use.

a4y7ava5.jpg

8esybuge.jpg

u9umapa9.jpg

And, because real race cars!

5y6a5e4y.jpg

Sitting in the sun post mapping,

vuheta7a.jpg

Was also loving this NSX outside the unit next to AmD, Torque Developments.

zynu5eje.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Got back to Norwich Sunday just in time to drop in on local VAG meet. Some lovely motors from old School V-dubs right up to newer stuff.

Moody shot,
u4eha4a2.jpg

Proper photos,
qetunevy.jpg

ma6yhasa.jpg

Next up for Yellow Beastie is a double check off everything I disturbed in the engine bay now she has done a few miles. Then fit all new new forge coolant hoses, thermostat, fan switch and wire in the replacement resistors for the common fan fault.

Then onto the rear doors and front brakes. Also have a Hughes Engineering rear brace to fit to.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Great work mate and good attitude despite the setback on the way, great figures and a lovely graph to match! That's a healthy engine and as ongoing has said, a credit to you.

Looks so low at the rear! It must rub right?!

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Thanks Tom :) long way to go yet, but very happy :D

Not rubbing yet but keeping a close eye. Waiting on some centering plates arriving from Awesome GTi, will increase the rear ride height a small fraction when they get fitted I think just to be on the safe side. Was very close the other week when I had a boot full of new turf!!

jyje7yva.jpg

Shows how much the centering plates are needed to. Really not a fan of the rears tucking into the front of the arch on a lowered car. Almost as bad as Saxo's etc on big alloys and riding so high up on the normal suspension!!

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Not a big up date, but now have my Hughes Engineering rear strut brace fitted.

Will it make any difference I can tell, wouldn't imagine, but can't do any harm!!

9uvytagu.jpg

FroggyLCR

Yellow Beastie
Oct 2, 2012
Norwich
Quick progress update.

She has just had a full service at AmD so running well on new oil etc.

Also new front brakes were needed so in has come Godspeed 330mm 2 piece discs, Pagid RS4-2 pads (Pagid blue) new braided lines all round and complete fluid flush through and refill with motul rbf 660 fluid. Happy days. They are bedded in now and seem to be doing a great job.

b5e4dd3c68566a9f0af4b06e4c2b5c9a.jpg
6d485d8bd86eb3addb1e62f5379afeb2.jpg
3217e0e05d034b224a52585e29147c25.jpg

Not much else been going on mods wise. More trying to get the rest of the car running right. Rear doors and fans are still need edging attention.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.