Yes or No?!?

oojammyflip

Hey,

I got a MK2 Ibiza, yellow, wondering whether i should smooth the boot out and remove the plate that says ibiza.

Has anyone smoothed it before and is it worth doing?

Cheers!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I'm gonna say "HELL NO" only cos I'm into OEM+
And not too fond of all the smoothing malarky

Someone smoothed out the mk3 rear, got rid of the lights on the bootlid, looked absolute w@nk in my opinion, it was such a nice car too, all "dubbed out" but that ruined it

That's my 2pence :)

oojammyflip

cheers, trying to find a pic of someone doing it to a MK2, cos i agree with the MK3, however it would only be removing the plate and bringing the number plate surround forward to match the car slightly, still not sure though :)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
NO!!!!!!!

2075983704a4654582419l.jpg

:sick:

oojammyflip

See what ya mean, looks funny, like a dodgy clio! cheers! Saved me a lot of hassle!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
great find arun, see mate, leave it alone, a pretty car as standard, just needs dropping really, (and change of wheels if that is your thing) then admire (and try and fix problems, as it will have some lol)

captain ash

Jan 16, 2008
I'm considering colour coding the reflective strip on the back of mine (leave the black strip with the name intact though). What's everyones opinion of this?

IMG_5016.jpg

rude_pete

I agree complete smoothing would look out of place,

however i think color codeing the red strip and de-locking would look sweet.

I also thought what if you DID completely smooth it out but put in a new number plate recess at the bottom of the boot lid and a new age seat boot pop. I recon that will work a treat.
kinda like the Altea.

vngtx

ive got the reflectors painted gloss black and slightly tinted rear lights and it looks better than OEM+

IMAG0095.jpg

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Heres mine, removed the strips as they were badly faded and peeling away. Kept the reflectors just masked off the strips.

006.jpg

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
there was a car around Brum at one time that had the back plated and smoothed.. looked ok from a distance .(the more the distance, the better it looked ;) )
but seriously, the filler cracks, then looks really gash tbh..

Mat Lock

Carless Wonder
May 24, 2007
Purley, Surrey
www.mat-lock.net
I can't help mine doing it, it seems to fall off whenever.

If you do anything to those strips, be in for a mega long hunt to find replacements. I've spent weeks on Ebay waiting for some reflector panels to come up for sale.

I wish there were more scrappies down my way. I want my rear reflector back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise