Yet another aux/MFSW problem with nav unit!

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Hey guys bringing this common problem up again, I've searched and searched but can't find the exact answer yet so hoping few people can pin point the problem :)

Changed the headunit on my 08 Leon Cupra to the seat multimedia unit, brilliant unit etc etc and it is coded but my aux is not working which is pretty annoying cause I used it all the time with the iPhone.. Is all I need to do is compare the old unit that was in to the new ones wiring diagrams and wherever the aux pin was make sure it's in the same pin as the old one? Or is there more to it?

Secondly my volume controls on the steering wheel are the only buttons there that work, anybody able to tell me what I need to do or buy to fix all this? Tried a friend with vagcom but we weren't getting an errors flagging up, is there a direct guide or picture of a code or anything that needs put in?

I also have a parrot kit wired in to the harnesses which has stopped powering up since the new HU was installed but I'll need to check that no connections have come loose to power it up.

Thanks for any help :rolleyes:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
AUX pins are different so you'll probably need to swap them over on the quadlock, don't know the details to hand but if you get a wiring diagram should reveal all :)

Not sure about steering wheel controls. Do you have the full height Highline computer between the dials?

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
@J400uk - what do you mean full height highline computer? It's an 08 model and over got the wee square box that displays the computer it's not the tall rectangular dial?
Thanks for your help!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.