Yet another White K1

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
mine seem to make a knocking noise when cold, do you find anything like that?

Blimey....:yes:
It's funny you should say that.

Yeah they do.
I took it back to AMD a week later and they spent quite a while investigating it.
They were really good about it. But ultimately couldn't find anything wrong with it.

The noise appears to be coming from the nearside front.
It only happens when on an uneven road surface on the odd bump or two.
Not constantly there.
Actually struggled to get it to make a noise when the guys came out in the car :confused:

As I haven't had the chance to drive the car in any temperature above 2 degrees as yet, I hadn't thought about it making the noise only in the cold.
Thinking about it the noise wasn't there when they first fitted the suspension and it was definately warmer then.

So for now it's still ongoing.
Haven't driven it for over a week now as I work abroad.
hopefully it will be warmer when I return to the UK and I will try it out then.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
When I mean cold, I mean for the first few minutes of the journey before the parts warm up :)

Ive had them for about 6 months and always noticed it, never got round to speaking to shaun about it. Defo coming from the front. Im sure its both sides.

Especially noticable when im going down a bumpy dirt track over the bumps :)

Im sure I can feel it too. :)

Last edited:

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
When I mean cold, I mean for the first few minutes of the journey before the parts warm up :)

Ive had them for about 6 months and always noticed it, never got round to speaking to shaun about it. Defo coming from the front.

Especially noticable when im going down a bumpy dirt track over the bumps :)

Im sure I can feel it too. :)

Yeah I get you, but my thinking was that are they really going to warm up in the bloomin' freezing temperatures last week?

Apart from that I haven't really taken it on a long run to let them warm up either.

I'm pretty sure that I can feel it knocking slightly too :confused:

Does the noise dissapear on yours then when you've been driving it for a while?

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
im probably going to AMD on sunday so i'll quiz them then

Ok cool...
Would be interested to hear what they have to say about yours too.

I think it was Kev (or Ken?) that investigated my problem all though Shaun did take it out for a spin too.
Might be worth mentioning my car to them too to see if they can compare the noises for any similarities?

Poverty

Nice meeting you last night mate, thanks for the ride also, helped me make up my mind that the milltek will suit me perfectly.

BTW the ride in your car with the coilies doesnt seem any harder than my stock motor, or it might just be in my head seeing as I was too busy holding on as I was being pushed back into my seat to notice lol.

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
Thanks for coming over mate to say hello.
Good to put a face to the name.

Your K1 was looking good but I'm bound to say that anyway :lol:

Had a bit of fun down the "strip" a bit later on too which was nice :D

Better start saving the pennies for the exhaust. You know it makes sense ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members