You will never guess what i just did

andycupra

status subject to change
undo gearbox drain bolt thingy.

Drained gearbox oil.

Undid upper bolt to fill up with new oil.

filled with new oil.

swore several times when realised the oil you were pooring into the gearbox was immediately leaving it via the draing plug you forgot to replace before filling up.

i win! :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2008
That would have really caused problems lol, nah only put a bit in, clutch slipped for about 10 miles then was fine lol

xr2wishitwere

just throw some thinners in bell housing when it's idling, that'll clen it up a bit and disengage the clutch at the same time.
alternatively burn it off by riding clutch a littl ewhilst launching car :)

May 31, 2008
just throw some thinners in bell housing when it's idling, that'll clen it up a bit and disengage the clutch at the same time.
alternatively burn it off by riding clutch a littl ewhilst launching car :)

Yeah I was thinking of putting some quick drying solvent in there like Holts Brake and clutch cleaner but didnt know if that would be ok?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah I was thinking of putting some quick drying solvent in there like Holts Brake and clutch cleaner but didnt know if that would be ok?

No, that would be retarded

Don't chuck thinners in, you'll clear out any lubricant in the clutch release.

Leave it if it's not slipping. If it is, remove & replace (last 1.4 clutch that I bought was £29)

May 31, 2008
No, that would be retarded

Don't chuck thinners in, you'll clear out any lubricant in the clutch release.

Leave it if it's not slipping. If it is, remove & replace (last 1.4 clutch that I bought was £29)

Cheers mate :) Thats what I thought would happen. Nah it seems pretty good. Very very slight slipping at the moment. Gonna drive it for a couple of days. If it gets worse I got some money put aside to replace it :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.