OBD Modifications

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Has anyone done a DSG reset using basic transmission settings in obdeleven? I can't seem to activate it (no option available, even though hood is up, transmission temp 30-100, foot on the break, engine on, parking mode).
Did it on the MK3 and worked fine, when you say no options available do you mean that there is no basic setting in the gearbox control unit or something else.

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Did it on the MK3 and worked fine, when you say no options available do you mean that there is no basic setting in the gearbox control unit or something else.
I go into basic setting of transmission, but when I slide "activate" nothing happens - it still shows status "not active"

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I go into basic setting of transmission, but when I slide "activate" nothing happens - it still shows status "not active"
Sorry to labor the point but you go into Basic settings and then you select Basic setting of transmission or something else.

Secondly you have the bonnet open but do you have SFD Auto unlocked and strong connection to internet.

Final question does anything work or is it just this feature that is failing.

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Sorry to labor the point but you go into Basic settings and then you select Basic setting of transmission or something else.

Secondly you have the bonnet open but do you have SFD Auto unlocked and strong connection to internet.

Final question does anything work or is it just this feature that is failing.

I have used the tool to code the battery (via gateway module) with no issues (so SFD and bonnet is known to me). But nothing in transmission module seem to be working. I do a have a fault there that I can't remove - P082B00 (gear lever X position sensor 1 circuit low) - could it be because of that?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Cant find the article but I will keep looking but I seem to recall you had to clear all errors beforehand.

This is the Prerequisites for the 6 speed box
  • Fluid Temperature 30...100 °C (86...210 °F), see Measuring Blocks, Group 019. (Fluid Level needs to be correct!)
  • Selector Lever in P
  • Ignition ON
  • Engine ON (Idling) for one minute or more
  • Brake Pedal operated (hold for the whole procedure)
  • Throttle Pedal not operated
  • Cruise control is switched OFF

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Cant find the article but I will keep looking but I seem to recall you had to clear all errors beforehand.

This is the Prerequisites for the 6 speed box
  • Fluid Temperature 30...100 °C (86...210 °F), see Measuring Blocks, Group 019. (Fluid Level needs to be correct!)
  • Selector Lever in P
  • Ignition ON
  • Engine ON (Idling) for one minute or more
  • Brake Pedal operated (hold for the whole procedure)
  • Throttle Pedal not operated
  • Cruise control is switched OFF

I can't clear that error above, so I suspect that's reason, the rest of the instructions I've followed exactly...

May 15, 2024
Hi , i am not getting the view menu on the dashboard, it's missing, any way to activate it through obd11?
20240515_131049.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.