Best Wheels and Colour for white 2019 Leon Cupra

Apr 15, 2024
England
Hi Guys,
First of all i would like to say thankyou for accepting me into this forum and hello to you all.

I am looking at investing into some new wheels for my cupra as the state of England's road at the moment has meant i have now replaced 2 already and have another that is buckled and at a cost of £780 each it not an option to keep replacing them.

what do you guys think would look great and suit the car. im thinking 18" in bronze on a Whit Leon would mate the bronze badges.

Many Thanks,

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_76844c4d-907e-4cc6-b1ea-5cb08b962d61.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_76844c4d-907e-4cc6-b1ea-5cb08b962d61.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 40

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Welcome to the forum @JWadds.

I’d go for something in anthracite grey, gunmetal grey or smoked chrome. Those colours seem to work well with most car colours IMHO. Ultimately it’s your car, so you should go for what you want! 👍

I’d definitely avoid anything with a diamond cut finish, not that you’ve suggested you’re considering diamond cut alloys.

Reactions: JWadds
Apr 15, 2024
England
Welcome to the forum @JWadds.

I’d go for something in anthracite grey, gunmetal grey or smoked chrome. Those colours seem to work well with most car colours IMHO. Ultimately it’s your car, so you should go for what you want! 👍

I’d definitely avoid anything with a diamond cut finish, not that you’ve suggested you’re considering diamond cut alloys.
Any suggestions on good wheel brands and any to avoid never had aftermarket wheels before

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Many of the VAG (Seat, Audi, Skoda and VW) OEM factory fit alloys are made by Ronal and Borbet. I believe BBS also make - or have historically made - OEM alloys for VAG. Brands such as OZ also have a reputation for manufacturing good quality alloys. Mak are worth considering, as some of the alloys they produce use existing OEM wheel bolts and I think will OEM centre caps may fit as well.

I find www.rimstyle.com is a good site in terms of alloy wheel choice; input details of your car’s make / model / engine size etc, and it’ll show what’s available that’ll fit your car. I’d personally stick to something that is the same - or close to the same - size / offset as your existing alloys to avoid potential fitment/ rubbing issues. The calculator on www.willtheyfit.com website is a useful tool - input details of your existing and proposed wheel/tyre set up and it’ll calculate the ‘important numbers’ for you.

I‘d personally avoid any cheap unbranded alloys, often described as being ’in the style of‘ some OEM designs of alloys. These unbranded alloys are often cheap Chinese imports, and the quality of construction, structural integrity and quality of finish might be ‘questionable‘. Additionally, they might not have been subjected to stringent safety testing (e.g. TUV, JWL or similar / equivalent certification) that alloys from reputable brands will have been subjected to.

I have a set of 18” RC Design RC32 alloys (TUV certified) in matte ferric iron grey finish manufactured German company Brock; https://www.brock.de/en/) on my VW as they use my existing wheel bolts (most aftermarket alloys don’) and they’re exactly the same size and spec as the original factory spec alloys (7.5J x 18”, offset ET51, centre bore 57.1), so they bolted straight on without the need for new bolts or spigot rings. I’ve had them on my car for nearly 3.5 years and they’ve stood up very well to the poorly maintained UK roads without sustaining any structural damage. I did have to get one cosmetically repaired when and oncoming lorry strayed onto my side of the road, forcing me into the kerb; grazed a small section of the rim of the wheel - sorted by a smart repair.

Some alloy wheel manufacturer / retailer websites include a configurator so you can see what your preferred wheel choice(s) would look like on your car (do an internet search on ‘alloy wheel configurator’). Here’s a screenshot of my car (VW Polo GTI) with my RC32 alloys from the configurator on Brock.de website;

IMG_0496.jpeg

ej_290

Sep 13, 2021
I have OZ, they are expensive, but well worth it, I've sadly been caught out several times with huge potholes and they have not cracked or buckled at all.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I have OZ, they are expensive, but well worth it, I've sadly been caught out several times with huge potholes and they have not cracked or buckled at all.
I have the OZ RACING ULTRALEGGERA HLT and been very happy with them, put up with a lot of bad roads and use on the track
I also have FOX FX004 I9690B and happy with those as well.

As for your original issue on Color I have replaced the Diamond cut ones with powdercoated grey and they looked good, The Fox wheels were originally black and that looked fine but had them powder coated fire engine red and personally I love it (but it is in your face)

1.jpg