Esp light on after battery change

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum even though I've had my cupra r a few years now and have found some great advice in the past on the cars issues many thanks, these are a great car for there age.

Recently my car battery was dead as can be so I've swapped it over to a new one, and now the esp light is on and not by choice, I've been for a drive and the cars great not lumpy and drives as should, I have done the whole drive it forward and full lock left and right still no joy, also did a scan no engine codes but I did scan abs as well and got g419 pop up, did not have this before battery went dead do I need to clear it with vcds as my unit wont.

Attachments

• 20191113_101628.jpg
    20191113_101628.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 165

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Yeah clear it and try it it should not come back if there is not a fault get it sometimes with flat batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah I'm going pop to garage in morning as he has a snap on machine but he cant clear it then there is someone with vcds, yeah it was fine before so dont suspect it to be a pro8cheers pal.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
does the ABS work? if so it will possibly clear after a period of time.
Hi mate yes the abs is fine it did do a silly on off dance should we say lol along with handbrake light but quickly settled, I'm hoping I can clear it and jobs done bud.

andycupra

status subject to change
doh, you clearly said ESP and not ABS, for some reason i thought about ABS...

unfortunately the yaw sensor, (i think that's the sensor affected) do fail.
mine went on my cupra a good few years ago, think i got it done for about £15 exchange.
but do try to reset it, you may be lucky..

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
doh, you clearly said ESP and not ABS, for some reason i thought about ABS...

unfortunately the yaw sensor, (i think that's the sensor affected) do fail.
mine went on my cupra a good few years ago, think i got it done for about £15 exchange.
but do try to reset it, you may be lucky..
Lol dont worry pal, yeah well went garage he could not clear it so bought Ebay part for as you said 15 notes slapped it on and it's gone thank God luckily not a big job to do as it was freezing swapping it over grrr.

Thanks all for advice.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.