Cone Filter fitting after mapping session

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Hi all,

Jsut a quick question, have searched but cant find a difinitive answer.

basically im trying to mockup an enclosed heatshield for a big jetex cone filter, however i already have a stage 2 map that was done with all the stock intake boxes etc in place.

getting hold of a vagcom cheapie cable just for some quick error code readings and log viewing etc.

Does anyone know if fitting a cone filter without having the car mapped again will cause overboosting or lean running problems? or is the ECU a learning one?

wanted to do some readings with stock setup, with just the cone and wth the cone and heat sheild.

Hoping to put some sort of template up for people to follow.

Thanks

Si:)

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
I too have recently fitted the big Jetex Cone with existing map stg 2 (revo) and only noticed better pick up, nothing negative (yet:)) I don't have VAGCOM access yet so would really be interested to see other responses on the subject.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
There will be no ill effects from the filter mate. You're wasting your time with the heatshield other than for looks. "Cooling" the air before its been forced through the turbo and intercoolers makes absolutely no difference to the temperature at which it enters the intake manifold.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise