Used Seat database

Devoured1

Oct 17, 2012
Wirral
Just a thought, l'm sure most of us have come across faults on our cars, some we live with, some we fix. How about a database that we can add to when we get rid of said cars; eg. Model/reg no./faults/dealer it was "sold" to. Then prospective buyers will know what to look out for and get faults sorted before buying. My Altea has a faulty n/s rear window, it operates on the switch on the door but not from the switch on the drivers door, it's a minor fault in my opinion and doesn't bother me, but it might annoy the hell out of someone else, so when I eventually change my car thst could be listed on the database.
I hope this makes sense!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I started editing my readers ride to include the registration number once I sold the car

Works well on google

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I see where you're aiming but most things will be sorted by the dealer under warranty, and if it's something major then you must not have checked the vehicle thoroughly enough imo.

Not saying this is a bad idea, there is sort of a section like this already in the Readers Rides, granted it's more aimed at the modification and the changes people make to their cars but it also gets used to discuss and log issues the owner comes across during the ownership of the vehicle.

I think in a way something like you are describing would (to me at least) probably put me off buying the car as I'd just assume the person before clearly didn't care about the car if they decided not to fix an issue and just lived with it, it'd make me wonder what else was neglected :shrug:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'm not saying its a bad idea or won't work mate but they were just my first thoughts.

It's nice to hear suggestions trying to improve the forum though, a lot of people find it far easier to moan about stuff rather than suggest improvements :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.