Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thats good to hear! Sounds like your happy with the car again :)

Where did you get your downpipe from mate? It's a powerflow isn't it?
As brad said.

Yea I am quite happy with her and I haven't even done a spirited drive yet. I am glad that this saga with the car is over. I can now concentrate on keeping her clean and some cosmetic upgrades.

Milltek downpipe with a silencer, supplied by AmD ;)
Correct!

brad1

As brad said.

Yea I am quite happy with her and I haven't even done a spirited drive yet. I am glad that this saga with the car is over. I can now concentrate on keeping her clean and some cosmetic upgrades.

Correct!

Wouldnt be no one else apart from AmD would it now mate :p lol

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
'New' AmD remap: Day #2
-----
The car is certainly much faster than it ever has been before. The power comes in strong and gets stronger at around 2600rpm and again at 3500rpm. I am amazed by how smooth and aggressive the map is, it doesn't ever seem to run out! I think the second day of adaptation has done wonders to the responsiveness. The turbo reactions nicely at 2rpm which makes the car much more drive able. The best thing about it is that it makes more of the rev range usable so you can hold on just that little bit longer.

I would be suprised if the car didnt hit 230bhp now. To be on the safe side I predict it will hit same bhp as before but with a much stronger power curve and torque curve. Either way I am happy.

Next on the list *cough cough slick* is the wingnut mod.

pedrosousa

Do you have boost pressure gauge?

I've one turbo like thin on a BMW 320d and it's making +-230hp with 2bar stable... What pressures do you have?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
450BHP Pug 106 Turbo Behemoth Paint Correction Detail
-----
Spent my Saturday detailing an extremely fast car. Started at 09:30am and finished at approx 9pm to get her ready for Sunday morning. Its a pretty massive detail with wet sanding so worth a look.

Thread can be found here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218668

DSCF1484.jpg

DSCF1545.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Wheel Balancing and Nitrogen Filled Tyres

Lately I been getting vibration through the wheel above of 70mph so I went to my local Kwik Fit to get the front two wheels balanced. Whilst I was there I saw there adverts for Nitrogen filled tyres and the benefits vs air so i thought why not, only £4 for all four to be filled up.

On the road the vibration through the wheel has disappeared which is great. The car also feels every so slightly different with the Nitrogen, the tyres seem firmer/less give. Cant put my finger on it but its a positive difference and worth the £4. Oh and before anyone says I always check my tyre pressures so its not that they were running low hehe!

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
Nitrogen in tyres only makes sense if you get the tyres put onto the rim in a 100% nitrogen environment in the first place. Seeing as you can't remove all the air from the tyre in the first place, you're always going to have moisture and "normal" air in there too, which negates the point.

We run nitrogen in our kart tyres, but they get significantly hotter than road tyres and run much lower PSI where a variation in pressure causes more of an issue.

Any difference you are feeling is down to either the balancing or you wanting to believe there's a difference.

Look on the bright side, if they keep getting the odd £4.00 for ideas like that, at least they will still be in business next time you need something.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nitrogen in tyres only makes sense if you get the tyres put onto the rim in a 100% nitrogen environment in the first place. Seeing as you can't remove all the air from the tyre in the first place, you're always going to have moisture and "normal" air in there too, which negates the point.

We run nitrogen in our kart tyres, but they get significantly hotter than road tyres and run much lower PSI where a variation in pressure causes more of an issue.

Any difference you are feeling is down to either the balancing or you wanting to believe there's a difference.

Look on the bright side, if they keep getting the odd £4.00 for ideas like that, at least they will still be in business next time you need something.
Oh right. Well it was on the fly decision and a minor cost to see if it really does work. Your right probably just the balancing making all the difference.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/filling-tyres-with-nitrogen.html <--- so no bloody point then :lol:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.