Virtual Cockpit/ illuminated door sills

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
So my Cupra is due to be built next week (Week 47) so does this mean it should come with Virtual Cockpit? Or am i not reading this thread properly?

Last edited:

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
So my Cupra is due to be built next week (Week 47) so does this mean it should come with Virtual Cockpit? Or am i not reading this thread properly?

It won’t come with it. If you want clarification just phone seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Spoke with Seat customer care about the virtual cockpit

They said it will be included on all Cupras after build week 45

Anyone else can confirm this ?

It’s ordered after week 45. Not built after week 45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon

May 7, 2017
Wiltshire
Hi Matt, I'm now on my 2nd 300 (not boasting, just saying) and hardly look at the dials as I'm trying to look out for all the maniacs on the road. I also use Android Auto with Waze, Bixby on Samsung and old fashion touching buttons so not sure if I'm missing out on the virtual cockpit experience. I would just say get the Cupra now and enjoy this superb car. You won't regret it!

RideWithMe_YT

Sep 1, 2017
When I spoke to IMG they said that they are aware that the update from the factory said cars BUILT after BW 1 of 2018 will have it.

Mine just got built last week I think so even if I'm in the 45+ club I think my luck is out on this one :shrug:

c1j2w3f4

Nov 21, 2017
Huh seems to be lots of conflicting information! I spoke to head office the other day and they came back to me saying any order after BW45 would have the digital cockpit, so with ordering one yesterday I would have it.

Again no dealer knows anything about this since ordering, so I've emailed head office to try get written confirmation if it'll have it or not so I kick up a stink if it then doesn't. Just want to know what to expect!

The UK brochure has been updated and clearly shows the cockpit as standard so if expect any order since this has been released to have it.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Seat UK brochures have small print you know...these photos may not reflect UK specs blah blah blah...

Last edited:

c1j2w3f4

Nov 21, 2017
But considering it is the specification brochure which details which kit is optional and standard on each model, seems a bit pointless if it then states that it might not reflect UK spec. It not only shows a picture of it under the cupra page but describes it and has it ticked as standard on cupra but not available on the lower models.

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
So are they going to have 2 production lines - one with pre week 45 orders getting analogue dials and the other with post week 45 orders getting digital?

Given their mind-boggling systems to build week allocations then i would argue this is entirely possible

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
I've asked IMG and they've said it 'might' have it, no promises.
Seat have said it won't.
Mine is being built Wk 48.

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
When i speak to the Seat guy next i will suggesting that as a gesture of goodwill that they should be putting in the virtual cockpit, given that my expected delivery date was next week and i am still unconfirmed build for week 9 2018

c1j2w3f4

Nov 21, 2017
I just rang up again after getting no email response. It sounds like they've been having numerous customer calls about this, which isn't surprising considering they aren't telling the dealers!

They promised me that all orders made after November 20th 2017 will have it as standard, and confirmed this meant all orders with a build week after BW2 next year will come with it. I've asked for it in writing!

Last edited:

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
SEAT UK's online configurator from today, now includes the Digital Cockpit option for £400 on all SEAT Leon FR and Xcellence models (but not on the X-perience models), but strangely enough, the new December 2017 pdf price list omits the Digital Cockpit from the option prices section, but does show the option in the equipment options section!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SEAT UK's online configurator from today, now includes the Digital Cockpit option for £400 on all SEAT Leon FR and Xcellence models (but not on the X-perience models), but strangely enough, the new December 2017 pdf price list omits the Digital Cockpit from the option prices section, but does show the option in the equipment options section!

Any of those still wondering about the CUPRA 300, It standard so does not feature as a selectable option.

However it has now been included in the interior cabin.

dta0tq1.png

Pic taken from the UK CUPRA 300 configurator page.

Could have made it a left hand drive pic though :)

Last edited: