Seat Sound System on Ibiza SC

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Was bored yesterday and whilst shining the flashlight into the speaker grills, I noticed that whilst the front doors have a mid-range woofer, and the A pillars has a tweeter each, the rears, I thought were just a single mid-range woofer like the front doors, looks like a 2 way speaker, but I'm not 100% sure.

It looks like there's a smaller speaker sitting (stacked) on top of the mid-range woofer. Front mid-range with bass music, you can see them (middle cone) somewhat vibrating, but the rears, while I can see the outside cones doing it a bit, the middle part doesn't vibrate.

Anyone can confirm, either with a regular sound system or Seat Sound System, rears have tweeters in the middle of them? When playing music with some 'trebly' sounds, and sound only sent to the rears, it sounds like there is a tweeter in there.

Is this the same for all Ibizas or just the Seat Sound system equipted Ibizas?
If true, in theory, the car has 8 speakers + 1 sub. Not 6+1 speakers like in the specs.

Last edited:

genekrupa

Apr 10, 2017
that would mean Ibiza with Seat Sound systems are 9 (8+1) speaker systems and not 6+1 system.
You're maybe thinking of a coaxial speaker which is a woofer with a tweeter mounted right in the middle (so you could call that two drivers in one) - I'm talking about a normal single driver which just has some extra paper glued on to make it's trebly efforts slightly more noticeable.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members