Ibiza 2013 OPS, retrofit, module type?

virtual1

Nov 2, 2017
Hello all,

I have successfully fitted a VW RCD330 (6RD035187A from Desay) Multimedia HU onto the car, the RCD330 supports OPS, but I suspect that the module sitting in the Ibiza doesn't provide OPS-information, after some digging I believe that the 500919294L (or maybe K)-module would do this, but would it be as simple as this to replace the original parking sensor module (I have functional sensors in the back, with audio, but no idea which type) with this module? Anyone have any idea... And does someone know where the module would be located?

Greets

Mats

Yanio

Feb 25, 2018
Hi mate,

Have you got some more info about how you fitted a RCD330? I'm really interested in doing the same, seems like an easy way to get Android Auto rocking for less pennies.

Cheers

virtual1

Nov 2, 2017
Hi mate,

Have you got some more info about how you fitted a RCD330? I'm really interested in doing the same, seems like an easy way to get Android Auto rocking for less pennies.

Cheers

Contactwise, there's no problems whatsoever, the connectors are the same, and it's a 1-DIN solution only, so no need for adapters there either. Physically you'll stumble upon at least one issue, maybe two. The 'maybe' is at the back where the SD-Card will take some place in it's own litttle 'box' - if it won't slide in, then unscrew the box and let the SD-cardholder be free. The certain problem you'll get that I actually have ignored!!!! is that you cannot get it to slide the whole way in - UNLESS - you take your saw and cut off some plastics at the bottom, this is perfectly doable (seen it here at the forum!) - but if you like me don't like to alter your interior too much and maybe screw it all up, then I live with the fact that it now stick out approx a cm from the bottom, just replace the original screws with much longer ditos!!!! - I have then cut out from black thin foam a frame that I use to put around the unit. My next step is to try using a 3D-printer (have at work!!!) to create a nicer frame that also will hold much better. I will take some pictures if you want!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.