Ibiza Garmin

RichieP

Feb 19, 2018
Hi there

I know there are some discussions about this already.

I bought a 15 plate Ibiza in November. I liked the look and thought of having the Garmin on the dash but it's turned out to be more hassle than it's worth.

It keeps going into standby in the middle of calls, using the satnav or every couple of minutes when idle.

The satnav takes age to enter a location and the maps are 2 years out of date.

The media player connects to my phone when it feels like it, more often not at all and does the standby thing when playing a song.

It shows the bluetooth connected and the screen shows the option to take a call or not when the phone rings often if I press answer the sound doesn't come out of the speakers and I have to turn the speaker on, on my phone.

I phones Garmin support and they said it's because the bluetooth chip is older than my phone so isn't really compatible. SEAT no longer pay them for the devices so I can't get any up to date maps unless I pay for them.

So, after all that. Is it worth bothering with this or just leaving it at home and plugging in my phone by an AUX lead to play music?

I have seen some sort of hacks around but haven't seen anything that will let it do the music and satnav stuff, which is all I'm interested in.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance if anyone can help.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
The standby issue happens to mine every now an then. i just reset it. takes about 3 times before i have it happen again. Im only in car for half an hour to work and back so i just stick the radio on. might be worth just having the aux plugged in at the same time.

Never gone in standby in the middle of the sat nav function though

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Maybe it's an older unit than the car. Our 15 plate has the same dashtop kit and it's been faultless since new. I've stopped updating the maps and cameras since my special offer subscription expired, but SWMBO thinks it's the simplest and best Nav/media unit she's ever had.

Garmin / SEAT have an online update service. You could check for new firmware on there.

RichieP

Feb 19, 2018
Thanks for the replies.

I've checked for firmware updates and done a factory reset 3 times.

Never mind, I didn't have one in my previous car so I'll have to live without it. I'll just by an AUX lead for the music.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.