Altea 2.0 TDI BKD - Boost issue

Jbeers

Nov 12, 2016
Nottingham
Hi all,
New to the forum so thought I'd just post up an issue I'm having.

The problem is, when pulling away in 1st gear and I put my foot down, there's no boost atall. (Smokes like mad if I keep it in 1st for a few seconds)
As a test I held the revs at 1500rpm & pulled off slowly and when doing this the turbo boost's fine.

I'm thinking either a boost or vacuum leak...?
I've checked all boost hoses (plus replaced 1 ) and they all seem to be fine.

I've not yet checked the vacuum pipes but just wondered what people's thoughts were?

Jbeers

Nov 12, 2016
Nottingham
Sourced it back to a faulty vacuum solenoid. Cars running fine again, besides a new code on the scanner.
P03007 which relates to crankshaft sensor intermittent fault, I shall investigate

Last edited:

Jbeers

Nov 12, 2016
Nottingham
After hours of searching through forums and checking for splits in the pipes I found that there wasn't any vacuum going to the vacuum reservoir when the car was on tick over, so was advised to change the vacuum solenoid to rule that out before replacing the turbo. Took her for a spin and she's back to normal again... happy days

Jbeers

Nov 12, 2016
Nottingham
A friend of a friend had 1 that he brought for his 2.0 Tdi a3 (same engine) when he thought his was faulty... he fitted it but it didn't solve his problem and couldn't return it so I bought it for £40.
Seems a fair price to me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.