Printer cartridge recycling

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Our local primary school used to take cartridges presumably to make a couple of quid in the process (all good stuff). A year or so back they decided that they could no longer take any.

Looking around I see there are company's that take them but some can be so fussy. All I want to do is to say come round and pick up 50 laser cartridges and take them away rather than going into landfill.

So the question is, who do you use - good causes? decent service? i.e. no messing, just turn up and take away.

I would rather it go to a decent cause if possible but a commercial enterprise is fine as they don't go into landfill.

First hand experience is preferable rather than just a google search please.

Many thanks

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
UPDATE:

I just thought I'd mention that generally speaking the recycling of toner cartridges is a waste of time. You think you are trying to the right thing but;

No one is interested unless it is OEM.

Remanufactered or recycled cartridges - forget it. Some do take these off your hands but charge you royally for the privilege of it.

Even some OEM stuff is refused depending on who you talk to and what it is.

To summarise, whether it is for charity, a couple of spare quid (literally) or for saving the planet, the reality is that no one is that interested despite all the hype and websites.

Save yourself a load of time, put it in the green bin and hope that it doesn't end up in landfill.

Unless someone knows otherwise, that is my current conclusion - don't bother.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise