Ignition Warning Light Flashing

-LeonFR-

My glow plug light came on ages ago - yesterday replaced all the glow plugs - light went off and all seemed fine.

Today a different light on the left hand side that looks like a curly wire is flashing on start up. It goes off after a while. Although handbook doesn't even show this light it seems to be ignition related.

Before anyone mentions it my brake lights work just fine. When I got the car they didn't come on unless the pedal was pressed right down - took the switch out fiddled with it and put it back in and the lights have been fine since. Car has done 96k.

What does the warning light mean please?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Um. The light on the lefthand side that looks like a curly wire *is* the glowplug light. What light did you see last time?

vic12

had this issue last weekend. Light came on then went off the next day. Took into an independent and when plugged into the computer, I was advised that I need a new break switch....

-LeonFR-

Viking - Car is Leon FR 150PD.

Muttley, you're right of course - the light I have had on for months is the engine emissions light. However a diagnostic on this said failed glow plug. All glow plugs have now been renewed and the emissions light is off.

The glow plug light has now gone off since Monday and the car seems fine, but it still doesn't start as quickly as it did when I got the car.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Curiously, the glow plug light flashes when there's a brake light fault (or brake switch) and the engine management light comes on when there's a glow plug fault. Why... :shrug:

Faxo

So the glowplug light has no relation to a glowplug fault then?!

FRdan

when i had a glow plug warmer fault,the engine managment light came on

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.