Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEATCupra.net additional Resources » Car Care and Detailing

Car Care and Detailing All about keeping your car looking better than new

Old 30-03-2017, 11:57   #41
lewischadwick7

lewischadwick7 has 10 points
jon.... i always find myself giving them a good soaking of prewash when i clean the car and just a very good rinse with the PW and they come up as good as when they were polished every time
lewischadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 13:42   #42
Snark

Snark has 10 points
Another vote for Autofinesse Mercury from me, gave it a go on my Mk1 leon exhaust tips and it came out really very well.

For bonus points the stainless steel kitchen sink got a bit of a going over at the weekend just to see how well it managed, worked pretty well on that to, with comments from the wife on how she never manages to get it to shine like that . Its a bit more expensive than some polishes but is very thick n' creamy so you dont use much of it and it wont spill, just a dab on a microfibre cloth and away you go. The cloth looked trashed afterwards (lots of nasty black patches) but a go round in the washing machine seemed to fix that completely.

Cheers, Snark

Last edited by Snark; 19-07-2017 at 13:43.
Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 13:55   #43
johnsnowkornar

johnsnowkornar has 10 points
I have an idea to build a new one.

Another vote in favor of Autofinesse Mercury from me.

Incredible guide and unmistakably Autosol and others aren't appraised and also White Diamond,
johnsnowkornar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 13:30   #44
Bristle Hound
In The Dog House ...

Bristle Hound has 10 points
Britemax Twins FTW here
https://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/me...k-c102x2778536

Better than Autosol IMHO
Old 14-09-2017, 18:20   #45
johnsnowkornar

Best aluminum polish?

Interestingly enough I've quite recently spent the day placing 6.5's in my dash. Not 100% on the clarion but rather on the pioneer I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.
Old 14-09-2017, 18:24   #46
johnsnowkornar

Interestingly enough I've quite recently spent the day placing 6.5's in my dash. Not 100% on the clarion but rather on the pioneer I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.
Old 14-09-2017, 18:25   #47
johnsnowkornar

I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.
Old 14-09-2017, 19:55   #48
dodds_turbo
OEM+ member

dodds_turbo has 10 points
Did it help listening to music whilst you cleaned you exhaust? ;-)

VCDS Hex-CAN Coding in Edinburgh Area
dodds_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 17:12   #49
johnsnowkornar

Best Headlight Restoration Kits

My tube is nearly from the 50's, yet in the event that it broke, You may require a few applications depending how terrible they are.
Old 25-10-2017, 17:12   #50
johnsnowkornar

You may require a few applications depending how terrible they are.
Old 27-10-2017, 15:19   #51
Jaruba

Jaruba has 10 points
I use SONAX Chrome & Aluminum Paste
Jaruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 19:58   #52
lil3520
IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08

lil3520 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Another vote for Autofinesse Mercury from me, gave it a go on my Mk1 leon exhaust tips and it came out really very well.

For bonus points the stainless steel kitchen sink got a bit of a going over at the weekend just to see how well it managed, worked pretty well on that to, with comments from the wife on how she never manages to get it to shine like that . Its a bit more expensive than some polishes but is very thick n' creamy so you dont use much of it and it wont spill, just a dab on a microfibre cloth and away you go. The cloth looked trashed afterwards (lots of nasty black patches) but a go round in the washing machine seemed to fix that completely.

Cheers, Snark
So you are in the wife's good books

Andy
lil3520 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 20:58   #53
Subc

Subc has 10 points
Autosol mixed with some Bar Keepers friend blooters it in seconds.
Subc is offline   Reply With Quote