Soundaktor removal

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
hello,

Is anyone know how to remove it or where is it in the 2016 Cupra ? :(
I want to disable it. is it also possible to do it via the OBD2 ?

Thanks,
Asaf.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
wont do it via obd, its behind the passenger side strut, its a black box, pull it out,.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
I don't like the idea that I have a speaker that is doing this sound.. specially if it is only for the inside..

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
I agree the concept of playing artificial noise is wrong. But in a way they tune intake and exhausts to sound certain ways anyway which is sort of artificially manipulating the sound. And given turbos and noise emmision reg's mean engine noise is strangled, a speaker is one of the few options left available to the manufacturers. I suppose the sound is at least based on how the engine would sound were it not for these constraints, so I'd probably just make believe and leave it in if it were me.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Yes but it is kinda stupid to have only internal sound, from the outside you can't hear the soudkator, I think..
Also my Cupra does a little bit of nice sound :)

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
So Today I managed to remove the soundaktor, well it was pretty easy. the way:

1. remove the rubber stripe
2. remove the plastic pinlock

3. use flat screwdriver to open the soundaktor electrical harness lock ( also good for the plastic pinlock)

For some reason the soundaktor wasn't fixed to the car body...

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Question;

I have a cupra 290 st.
If I want to try the difference between soundaktor and not, is to correct that I can have it in 'individual' mode and set "Enginge" to comfort and everything else in Cupra-mode? Then the soundaktor will be at 0%?

Is that 'Enginge' setting only controlling the soundaktor?

I'm fitting the Milltek exhaust 1st of february. Guessing removing the soundaktor is recommended then?

Brad

Jan 12, 2017
On the subject of soundaktor/sound actuator is it possible to install one into a car?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

elandri

Jun 23, 2017
South Norfolk
Thanks Quicksilver

Have just removed the Soundactor from my 2016 290. NB for Brits - it was on drivers side.

Fake noise in the cabin - it's as childish as taking the baffles out of your moped's exhaust!

Much nicer now.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Personally don't like artificial noises in the cabin - but as has been pointed out intake and exhaust systems are tuned to make them sound "nice". Worst still, in my book, are sports exhaust systems which ape faulty carburation of the past and pour petrol down the exhaust where it pops and bangs as it hits the hot manifold.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.