Newbie! Mk1 Cupra R

AMKCupra

May 27, 2017
Surrey, UK
Evening all,

So i picked up my first Cupra a mere 2 weeks ago and coming from a Mk1 1.8 Focus, what an upgrade. Being 20 years old however insurance is a bit of a killer, but i couldn't resist.

It's an Black AMK Spec '03 Cupra R with a Forge Split R & a Custom JabbaSport map on a set of BBS CH Reps. Any advice on any mandatory upgrades/modifications that are a must?

Cheers

Shaggy's FR TDi

Feb 5, 2017
Evening all,

So i picked up my first Cupra a mere 2 weeks ago and coming from a Mk1 1.8 Focus, what an upgrade. Being 20 years old however insurance is a bit of a killer, but i couldn't resist.

It's an Black AMK Spec '03 Cupra R with a Forge Split R & a Custom JabbaSport map on a set of BBS CH Reps. Any advice on any mandatory upgrades/modifications that are a must?

Cheers

Hi
Not to sire about mk1's
I'm old lol not fully with current abbreviated mod names. Lol
But basics be large alloy intercooler and solid boost pipe kit.
Full stainless axhaust
Those be more power
Sure you can get hybrid turbo yours, could get it up to 300 bhp
Powerflex bushes make car more responsive on steering and less chassis roll when turn but you feel bumps in road alot more sharply instead of soft standard bushes that absorb it. Coil over suspension again stiffening car roll n bounce again.but id look for set with least amount of drop(speed bumps pot holes b nightmare of to low)
Not sure if u have but hunt around and could find bigger brakes with brembos, brakes will lower insurance.
Sounds like u have cold air induction kit. Nice wheels.
But upgrades depend on driving style. Sacrificing comfort for performance. But being your age id assume performance as I'd be racing every one lol
What bhp is it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Must do upgrade imo is a rear anti roll bar.

Other then that I've read of people having issues with the split r but if you're not then all good. With how old the car is (I've got the same) I'd just go through the car and renew stuff that needs doing, bushes, suspension and stuff.

Oh and have a look at the badger5 tip as well.

Kelly79

May 29, 2017
au.trustpilot.com
Hello!
I am also a newbie here! I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured to write something in yours! I bought my Cupra a month ago and since then I was a lurker on this forum, so I feel like I already know you guys!

Cheers!

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Hi there

I had one of these back in the day, I went a bit mad on mine (stage 2+ 340 bhp flame spitting monster!)

MUST HAVE MODS:

Induction kit
Turbo back exhaust system + 3in downpipe (I had milltek, cant fault it)
Remap - Revo are probably one of the best
Front & Rear anti roll bars
Ferodo brake pads
Decent tyres

Hope that helps!