Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Diagnostics, Tuning and Modification » Engine Discussion » TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics

TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics exclusively for SEAT diesel specific topics only.

Old 24-08-2017, 23:50   #1
bobpzero

bobpzero has 10 points
sticky turbo vanes carbon deposit cleaning

i've used the mr muscle oven cleaner before as easy to do as i had the egr delete and tune done, it's an alh. just wondering if anyone has tested oven pride? though i'm guessing because it's not foaming type carbon deposit cleaner it probably won't work.
bobpzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 21:26   #2
ray

ray has 10 points
I used to use any oven cleaner on my mk4 golf, i done a innotec clean too, nothing really worked in the long run though think it was too far gone. Can't see it doing any harm trying other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 12:08   #3
bobpzero

bobpzero has 10 points
just got more of the mr muscle oven cleaner. usually spray in twice with 5 hours in between works well enough. smokes a bit on idle after a bit of a rake on the motorway for a couple of days.
Old 26-08-2017, 16:08   #4
verbal_kint

verbal_kint has 10 points
I always use the poundland foaming oven cleaner. Same results but cheaper!
verbal_kint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 23:52   #5
bobpzero

bobpzero has 10 points
so far i’ve found mr muscle oven cleaner is great as a last resort. i tried ecotec egr turbo cleaner spray and it lasted about 2 weeks of regaining a decent bit of boost, so the research goes on. next i’m going to try wynns turbo cleaner spray
Old 20-11-2017, 23:55   #6
ray

ray has 10 points
Fill it up with mr muscle, soak for a few hours and take it for a very long high Rev motorway drive. A quick blast won’t heat up the turbo enough. I read somewhere that it took around half an hour on the motorway to get the desired temperature to break up the crud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ray is offline   Reply With Quote