Thought I'd better introduce myself...

Red Cupra

I joined the forum just over five years ago when I bought my Red Leon Cupra (1.8 20vt 180) and since then I've had fantastic fun with it, kept it standard and looked after it well. I have'nt posted at all really, I suppose too busy with other things and only being able to type with one finger doesn't help!!

Just under a month ago I traded it in for for an eight month old cupra K1, didn't want to have too much change, so kept it red, with the black alloys. Got £4150 for the 1.8, then found it a few days later on Seatuk approved site for £6490! And the gits got the asking price for it!! Gutted? No, not in the least, I'm still enjoying driving along the fantastic roads that we have here in NW Wales, emptying a tank every few days......

The only major gripe is, no CD multichanger, only a single CD and aux point... Now this is where you educated lot come in, what are my options, Ideally USB connector as I have plenty of mem stix going spare, I've seen kits on flea-bay for conversions of pre 05 leons but nothing for mine. All (sensible, and not too expensive) suggestions greatfully accepted.

cheers

Red Cupra

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Hi & welcome. You're best off posting the question about the head unit in the mk2 section

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Hello and welcome ,you certainly have the roads there to enjoy the car:D I am not too far from you if you dont mind showing me a few new twisties sometime:)

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
You could buy an ipod and plug it into the aux port? Probably cheapest option.. Either that or replace the headunit to a better spec one. Mine has a USB output, so I've just plugged a 16gig USB drive in filled with music! Any new headunit should have this feature..

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Cheapest option is to cut a few MP3 discs, not GB's of course but at least the equivalent of the "missing" CD Multichanger :smoke:

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
I just got a normal mp3 player in mine plugged in to the aux socket then stashed in the armrest but a cd multi changer would be just the ticket really.Main dealer can supply and fit one in the glove box I think if you don't mind getting rid of a few notes.Or you may pick one up off ebay sometime.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Cheapest option is to cut a few MP3 discs, not GB's of course but at least the equivalent of the "missing" CD Multichanger :smoke:

"Homemade" MP3 CD's also display Artist etc. on the standard Leon Head Unit if you do it correctly.
The first disc I cut has just over 13 hours of music on it from 165 tracks, cost me a quid and a few hours cutting it.

I also use the 8GB memory of my Nokia N95 phone music player via "aux", no track names, artist of course on the Leon Head unit

Red Cupra

Hello and welcome ,you certainly have the roads there to enjoy the car:D I am not too far from you if you dont mind showing me a few new twisties sometime:)

Will do, a favourite of mine is from Porthmadog to Beddgelert (not brilliant, but if the road is empty it's quit good..... Up towards Nant Gwynant, twisties and short straits, ideal for passing the caravans and w/end tourists. Then the best part of all is up towards Pen-Y-Pass and down into Llanberis, blip the throttle, yo're past, heavy on the brakes, couple of tight turns, next car, quick blip, third, fourth, gone, heavy on the brakes. And repeat..... etc etc etc..... I'm heavy on the smiles..... At Llanberis, U turn and head back home, much better than the A458 (which is currently 30mph for 5 miles because of roadworks :cry:)

Red Cupra

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Any time m8,i was at porthmadog last week.....i wouldnt mind goin on the evo triangle route do you know it?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I just thought I would check since 4 people have taken the time to post a response to your original Audio query

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
You can only have 1 extra device fitted, a there is only 1 ext input on the headunit, so thats means either CD changer, OR Aux, OR USB in.

Red Cupra

You can only have 1 extra device fitted, a there is only 1 ext input on the headunit, so thats means either CD changer, OR Aux, OR USB in.

Thanks, I really like the idea of the USB, as it doesn't need power (batteries or charger) unlike an mp3 player or i-pod. What do I need? Is it just a simple lead or do I need more than this. And lastly, where can I get whatever I want?!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise