Changed signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Hello,

Im guessing one of the mods now has it in for me, more than likely due to the group i started titled, "bring back t.spark"

Since, my signature has been messed about with.

It was an image of my car, and nothing more (no innappropriate content) which was sized down by the system.

Next thing i know, somebody has deleted the IMG code, and replaced it with the caption, "IMAGE TOO LARGE".
At first i wondered if this was a new automatic function of the software, but having looked into it, it is obvious somebody else has been messing with my signature.
Now perhaps im wrong, but as far as i believe the only people who can access my account settings, are myself, and moderators.

Perhaps im wrong in relating this to the group, which may i add, has now been deleted, but it was mentioned on a post on the group about certain people being childish.
Would the action of changing my signature, but not other regular users, for the same reason, be considered "childish"?

Im not saying I wasnt in the wrong, because I was, but surely mods/admin abbide by the same rules as everyone else?

If i was to be extreme i could go as far as saying i feel bullied. Im not going to do as i dont think that is the right way to go about things.

I hope to recieve a reply to this that wont slate me, but im expecting it now.

Thanks

Tom.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
1) I removed the link from your signature... this isn't a democracy, and promotion of a group was not required

2) you replaced it with a MASSIVE image of your car, which I removed

if you feel bullied you truly are a *****.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
1) I was about to remove the link myself. I was unaware that such groups were looked down on to such an extent.
2) I said, I quote "If I was to be extreme I could go as far as saying I feel bullied." That doesnt mean i do feel bullied, but surely if I did feel that way it would be unnaceptable behaviour coming from another member, regardless of who. Perhaps singled out and not given the same treatment as other would have been a more appropriate way of putting it.

Having looked back through only my own thread, within one page of the latest reply, I found another signature, which was guilty of the same offence.

Im not here to stir trouble as I find this site a very useful resource.

Thanks.

Tom.

bozzzydmc

Mork... Im sorry buddy, but surely someone with 796 posts deserves more respect than your " oh you must be a ***** " remark ?

Sure.... i can see your almighty post count , so you can pretty much say what you want but.....even though im i new member I feel your last comment is very disrespectful... or do i feel bullied ???

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't feel singled out

Year to date I have made 2,285 modifications / adjustments to posts/threads/forums/users - I think it's fair to say that I'm not picking on you.

I change many peoples signatures that don't get picked up by the automated rules.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Yes i know im not completely singled out.

It just seems such a coinsidence, that ive used that exact picture for quite a long stint previously, and not had any bother with it. Its not like it wont have been seen as ive posted in many high profile threads, which have been swarming with mods.

Its only since the creation of the group, which I admit, was a mistake, that ive had any trouble.

Thanks,

Tom.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Perhaps so but surely my profile wasnt that low to the point it was un-noticed before?
End of the day Mork, I understand that your decision is final at the end of the day, and I respect that as there is no other way about it.

Perhaps a PM, the same as when a thread is deleted, with an explanation, would be more appropriate.
Or perhaps just deleting the image and leaving it at that, rather than adding the explanation there?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sorry, but as I pointed out above, over 2000 'adjustments' to stuff inside a month.... I'm not going to sit there PM'ing people as well

35,000+ members, I barely notice people - only by exception these days, which means I deal with complaints & **** in my evenings.

ballenapene

Not taking sides, but just wondered as I dont have 800 posts, if my image I want is a little too big, what happens to me?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
IF the forum allows you to upload it (sometimes it will) - and I spot it - it will be removed?

But you probably won't start your own thread to bitch about it

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Fair enough, perhaps that isnt the right way to go about it. It just seems some methods used are a little unorthadox, and some decisions made, a bit rash.

As i have stated I dont have a problem with there being authority on here, as it needs it. It is not my intention to question the methods of moderation, and if it comes accross this way, i do appologise.

I just dont want an unpleasent experience on this forum, as to date it has been fantastic.

*Edit*

Mork. I didnt start the thread to bitch.
I started it to enquire as to the reason behind it.
I felt the reply recieved was perhaps a little on the harsh side.

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
My signature was quite large, as soon as I noticed it was resized I made it smaller myself.

Do you want to send me some pictures Tom and I will make you a signature up ? I have a tonne of spare time on my hands.

ballenapene

IF the forum allows you to upload it (sometimes it will) - and I spot it - it will be removed?

But you probably won't start your own thread to bitch about it

OK fair enough, however I wouldnt say the user Tom. was bitching lol! Maybe annoyed a tad?

there is an etiquette, to be honest, even I had to remove what is pretty much half my sig. recently...

Oh right, ive pretty much worked out dark usernames mean the bosses on here, so atleast its not one rule for one, and one rule for another, if everyone using the forum only has three lines etc then its all fair doo's to me

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
For info

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

some are a little larger here and there but by an large if they are not a real mickey take then there is nothing really to worry about

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
My signature was quite large, as soon as I noticed it was resized I made it smaller myself.

Do you want to send me some pictures Tom and I will make you a signature up ? I have a tonne of spare time on my hands.

Thankyou for the offer GG. At current im not going to bother with a signature. Im not particularly bothered about having one any more.
But again, thankyou :)

ballenapene

For info

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

some are a little larger here and there but by an large if they are not a real mickey take then there is nothing really to worry about

I take that last bit back, you have 4 lines of siggy :ban::ban: :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.