A Vs. Section?

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Think It would be a good idea. Talk about everyday duels :D I know its kind of frowned upon here but its a topic much of us love to discuss! ;)

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Could be private roads ? Although the what type of road it was on would remain miscellaneous. :)

Example: 'Was up against a CTR today gave it a good tanking when I pulled a couple of cars away.'

Thats all, then it can be discussed

I do not promote street racing infact I find it a very dangerous and silly 'activity'

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Think It would be a good idea. Talk about everyday duels :D I know its kind of frowned upon here but its a topic much of us love to discuss! ;)

i have 2 friends that have died from street races. i think one thing i really like about this forum is the whole lack of that type of post.
i cant stand people posting up... how would my car against this, and how about that.

i raced this today, i raced that and spanked it...... :banned:

who cares... whoop de dooo, you manager to beat a 1.2 micra off the line, or an old man in a 20 liter merc. its pointless it risks lives on the road.

i do break to speed limit every once in a while (when it is safe to do so). im only 21 and people slate me all the time for not racing this or driving fast when i have friends in the car, but to be honest if i crashed and all my mates died and i didnt.... i dont think i could live with myself.

i already have been on several driver training days and spent a few thousand just to improve my driving capabilities, some of these are:

1 on 1 driver training in a 2 litre turbo astra for 2 whole days to teach me how to drive properly including using the clutch and engine to break in emergency situations, how to handle skids .. .and too much to mention.

i have done intensive / defensive driver training

and several days in cars on a track learning about how to handle the car in dangerous situations.

sorry about the rant but we are not 8 anymore we dont need to 'prove' ourself better by racing some one (unless it is on a track, then its great fun and resonably cheep)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not going to happen, its not something we wish the site to promote or be seen to promote.

To add, most of these versus threads will end up being moved into the Scrapyard.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Not going to happen, its not something we wish the site to promote or be seen to promote.

To add, most of these versus threads will end up being moved into the Scrapyard.

perhaps the best place for this thread?

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
what about a vs. Section when people are at shows like Gti International? theres a video of me against Czechboy and greggclarks against ibiza_95

maybe thats a better suggestion, cos street racing is for gays

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Aye, video section / picture section

Most of the threads related to shows and what happened at shows are in the show section.

The forum has enough sections, too many in some cases, and i'd really like to start looking at moving some into sub sections anyway.

If people used their common, and posted in the right areas it would be much easier to search and find stuff. Leon Mk1 section obviously being an alias for anything goes topic. :rolleyes:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer i've noticed, moved about half a dozen threads already this morning that have jack all to do with the specifics of a Leon Mk1. Some are loosely attempting to base their titles on a Leon Mk1, but when you read them they have very little to do with the subject.

I think we may have to just start getting 'postal' and binning them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.