turboboy

Universal intercooler, the guide.

xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
Ok so this is not a question about the installation and such but i'm kinda confused right now , i bought my a '11 ibiza cupra pre facelift a while back slightly modded and i just started finishing my build now ,i noticed that there's already an intercooler on the car though and it looks quite stock , does it come factory installed with '11 prefacelift cupras or was it an aftermarket addition of the previous owner?
Thanks a lot in advance and a great guide nonetheless!

Toast

Jun 10, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have the new Ibiza cupra 2016 1.8T, is that the same front? Same IC unit?
Does any one knows if the guide will be good to me? I know that my engine is the same as the POLO GTI 2015/2016 but what about the body? is it the same as CUPRA 2014/2015?

Does any one knows what is the OEM IC measurements? Currently I am at stage 1 with ~270HP (in the engine) and there are 2 units that stopped me from going higher, first one was the IC unit and the second was the turbo unit.
First I wanna approach the IC unit as it is more crucial for now.

Any Advises? I saw here height from 140mm to 200mm plus...
what are the cons and pros for going higher ?
What should I look in my searches for that IC unit? why do I see FMIC mostly ?

Thanks,
Asaf.

I too am looking for an answer to this question. I have the 1.8 2016 Cupra. I am trying to workout what dimensions I need to get for an upgraded intercooler. I can assume the same dimensions as the airtec one:

800mm width

300mm height

80mm/60mm thick

However, what I do not know is the inlet / outlet diameters. Does anyone know what the the standard diameters are on the intercooler? Is it 57mm (I seem to see this come up sometimes).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.