RCD510 with USB Support Review (Delphi Chinese Model)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
My Cupra only has a USB slot under the drivers seat. If i got this unit, would that become redundant?

Also did you manage to get this to work with the car's bluetooth? e.g use the same microphone and work with steering wheel control?

Looks like a good unit, for me its a toss up between this unit and the kenwood satnav one.

some good questions there, not sure how I can relate as I do not have bluetooth or a USB slot lol but I'm guessing the USB slot just get put into wires in the quad lock which then goes into the unit, as the aux works from the standard port no reason why the USB wouldn't...

Sorry I couldn't be more help but I'm guessing the price difference is quite a lot between this £100 unit and a kenwood satnav...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

BraddersThe3rd

Mar 11, 2011
some good questions there, not sure how I can relate as I do not have bluetooth or a USB slot lol but I'm guessing the USB slot just get put into wires in the quad lock which then goes into the unit, as the aux works from the standard port no reason why the USB wouldn't...

Sorry I couldn't be more help but I'm guessing the price difference is quite a lot between this £100 unit and a kenwood satnav...

Thanks for that. Yeah there is a bit of a difference, I'm after updating the interior and both units look good, just want to make sure that my bluetooth/usb etc work as i'm sure the kenwood work.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for that. Yeah there is a bit of a difference, I'm after updating the interior and both units look good, just want to make sure that my bluetooth/usb etc work as i'm sure the kenwood work.

As I'm on my phone I cannot see where you are based? If it's anywhere near me in Rutland I'll whip mine out and you can try it if you like...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Haha another IT worker here too. In regard to shuffling I've found with the RNS 310 you can have it on either 'Mix All' or 'Mix Folder', not sure if the same applies to this?

Oh and if you're after a manual found a scanned in copy here - http://www.davecandoit.com/Cars/vw/RCD510Manual.pdf

This is where we find out how much difference there is between the EU and Chinese model lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Will give it a bash tonight and let you know how I get on, Really hope this works will solve a big problem!

Got to remember Jim we get what we pay for ;)

Roger that!

This unit is everything I need and for £100 I'm not fussed what we find out, but I'm all over a brucey bonus!

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
East Yorkshire, Driffield
I have just seen the formats it see's for playlists are .m3u etc I am pretty sure Winamp creates m3u which would make your playlists a little more user friendly maybe...

Cheers bud I'll take a look, The only thing I don't get is when using winamp would the playlist still find the relevant music files when I export the playlist to the SD card? I guess you set your library as the SD card itself and then just export the Playlist also onto the SD card?

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Cheers bud I'll take a look, The only thing I don't get is when using winamp would the playlist still find the relevant music files when I export the playlist to the SD card? I guess you set your library as the SD card itself and then just export the Playlist also onto the SD card?

Yeah I'd say if you don't use winamp already then just put all your music on your card and add it from there...

There's only one way to find out...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Half way through sorting out the SD card and just realized I'm copying over MPEG-4 So hope the RCD reads this!

Or I might just shed a tear haha.

Haha hope it went well...

Mine would all be m4a I'm guessing from iTunes if I used the ad card...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Read online it wouldn't work, Not even going try, just gonna convert them all to MP3, Not even tried to create the playlist yet as there is no point haha, Hopefully done by the weekend!

I've found out that I've been a tool and not seen my screen properly as I have now found how to load play lists from my iPhone this thing just got better!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
This unit looks like a good swap for the standard head unit, but do we definitely know that it doesn't work with the pre-FL standard bluetooth?

Losing the bluetooth is a deal breaker for me *cough* IT Conference calls *cough* and throwing in a premium bluetooth module turns this £125 head unit into a £300 head unit :|

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This unit looks like a good swap for the standard head unit, but do we definitely know that it doesn't work with the pre-FL standard bluetooth?

Losing the bluetooth is a deal breaker for me *cough* IT Conference calls *cough* and throwing in a premium bluetooth module turns this £125 head unit into a £300 head unit :|

Yet again my phone doesn't allow me to see where anyone is based lol loving the in car conference calls... Us IT people must make the most of all these gadgets haha

If your anywhere near rutland (midlands) we can put my unit in your motor to test but I have no idea what the result will be lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.