RCD510 with USB Support Review (Delphi Chinese Model)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Where did you get your fascia adapter from? I'm biting the bullet and going to order the same headunit.

I got it from Dave on here, if you go to the main forum page and look for Sere's motors I think it is...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
I got it from Dave on here, if you go to the main forum page and look for Sere's motors I think it is...

Top Man, ordered one! :thumbup: I'm tempted to buy a genuine stereo now so I can have it done and dusted by the weekend. Too impatient to wait for a headunit to arrive from China!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Top Man, ordered one! :thumbup: I'm tempted to buy a genuine stereo now so I can have it done and dusted by the weekend. Too impatient to wait for a headunit to arrive from China!

If you have the cash lying around then do it lol

Deleted member 43482

I fitted a RCD510 to my mk2 leon last night. A UK version and the first startup was a VW logo but it then changed to a SEAT one. This may just be a feature of the UK ones.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I fitted a RCD510 to my mk2 leon last night. A UK version and the first startup was a VW logo but it then changed to a SEAT one. This may just be a feature of the UK ones.

More than likely...

What do you think to the UK unit? did you get DAB and RDS?

Deleted member 43482

I got the RDS but no DAB. It seems like a good unit, haven't had a chance to test it properly yet. The sound is improved but it still could be better, although I think it is more down to the speaker setup.

Steering wheel controls still working fine, I couldn't justify forking out for an RNS510 so got this instead. The radio reception is still as crap as the original unit so going to look at getting a booster.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I got the RDS but no DAB. It seems like a good unit, haven't had a chance to test it properly yet. The sound is improved but it still could be better, although I think it is more down to the speaker setup.

Steering wheel controls still working fine, I couldn't justify forking out for an RNS510 so got this instead. The radio reception is still as crap as the original unit so going to look at getting a booster.

Good to hear! I think it's a great unit to make your standard head unit look 10 times better! Touchscreen is good nice and reactive which is handy!

connery-tdi

Feb 7, 2014
Essex
Did any of you guys need to update your can gateway? Bit concerned I might need to change mine as mine is an 06. Anyone know what the part number is? Thanks.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What is the number on the 10th digit on your Vin code (bottom right of your windowscreen) mine was an 8 so I was OK from what I remember...

I don't have the link to where I saw that though and I am now doubting myself lol

You can search for it on here and there is a few links around...

Deleted member 43482

You will need to update, I did on a 2007. Not too difficult a job once the wiper motor is out the way.

connery-tdi

Feb 7, 2014
Essex
Seems a bit of a pain in the arse and a bit expensive just to fit my £3.20 rcd310. I suppose it would then mean the car is ready for an rns315 or rns510 as and when I can afford it.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If it needs doing I would suggest doing it for just that reason!

connery-tdi

Feb 7, 2014
Essex
Fair point. Better leave it a couple of weeks. Only had the car a week and I've serviced it, put 2 new tyres on it and purchased a new bonnet liner. Don't wanna go upsetting the wife just yet. [B)]

connery-tdi

Feb 7, 2014
Essex
Just been quoted £90 for replacement can gateway, fitting and programing it into the car .
Does that sound reasonable?

connery-tdi

Feb 7, 2014
Essex
Actually, may have misinterpreted the email. Think it is £90 for fitting and programming on top of the price for the can gateway itself. Whoops.

JuanD

Hello Everyone, I recently bought a RCD510 + Rear view camera (Chinese unit) to replace the RCD310 that came with my 2014 León.

The car also came fitted with Bluetooth under the right side seat (operated from the full MFD), MFSW, Climatronic (the one with two dials), Parking sensors and AUX+USB placed in front of the hazards light button (under the HU).

As a newbie in this world, It would be nice some guidance about these topics:

1. Can I still call/answer from the MFD? Will it lose the streaming audio?
2. Is the stock AUX+USB direct plug & play with the new radio?
3. Is it possible to show the OPS in the screen aside from the RVC?
4. Will it keep showing the Climatronic diagram (air distribution, fan speed..)

And regarding the replaced RCD310, in case I need to reconnect this unit, will it require the security code? I've checked the manuals and can't seem to find the code or something similar.

Would love to share a couple pictures but I'm still not able. And just clearing up, the RCD310 just show PHONE or BLUETOOTH AUDIO when using Bluetooth functions.

PS: Any correction to my writing will be gladly accepted as a I'm a student learning this language :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.