Cupra Rear Brake Calipers

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Changed rear discs and pads today on my 2007 cupra and the calipers were in a right state. I had to use a breaker bar on the end of my rewind tool to get the pistons back in. Anyway, after resembling them i could turn the wheel by hand but it wasn't spinning freely. And as i thought, the rear wheels are hot after driving. the car rolls so they don't appear to be totally seized, but are obviously rubbing. Has anyone had to replace rear calipers before. Not something i expected to have to do after just 60k miles.

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
New calipers and brake pipes later.... shiny :)
And feels like ive taken 2 ton of sand out my boot. must have been biting on for a while.

brakes_zpsd5727ff6.jpg

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Looks much better with new shiny parts on! I've got to do my rear brakes next month so hopefully won't find the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Seized rear calipers are common across the whole leonmk2/golfmk5 platform

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
drives like new now, must have been biting on for a while. Not bad really, i got the calipers from Eurocarpart's for £106 each. All told for new discs, pads, calipers and pipes came to £330. If anyone ever needs to replace the calipers, i would pickup some new brake pipes. Mine split trying to separate them from the flexi section.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Cheers for the advice. I was pricing up brakes all round and was just looking at standard discs with the ds2500 pads and upgrade brake pipes to HEL or Goodridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClarkBoyJr

May 7, 2014
berkhamsted Herts
if the calipers werent badly seized you can most of the time unseize them by working the piston on the calipers back and forth and squirt some wd40 to help aswell and just clean up the sliders aswell ! atleast you sorted the brakes though

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.