need to put the front on axle stands.

josh1073

Aug 29, 2017
Hey guys sorry to ask this but I need to put the front on axle stands but just my luck my jack catches the axle stands base so they wont fit side by side so i cant use the pinch welds.... I have looked on the net but cant find anything really on the Ibiza other than "changing a tyre"

Where can i place the axle stands that are safe and wont damage anything....

Sorry and cheers,
Josh.

wjXIH

Last edited:

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys sorry to ask this but I need to put the front on axle stands but just my luck my jack catches the axle stands base so they wont fit side by side so i cant use the pinch welds.... I have looked on the net but cant find anything really on the Ibiza other than "changing a tyre"

Where can i place the axle stands that are safe and wont damage anything....

Sorry and cheers,
Josh.

wjXIH

Are you able to jack it up using the rear jacking points and stick the axle stands under the front ones while it's up?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ideally as a DIYer, you would own/use a trolley jack to raise the car up prior to locating the axle stands to support it.

Lots of pictures on USA motoring websites showing people lifting a car up quite high using what looks like the car's own emergency jack - but I'd only use that for its intended purpose, ie at the road side where "needs must" !

A trolley jack with a block of wood to spread the load is what I'd use normally, but on my wife's 2015 Polo, I have fitted "Audi TT jacking Point Protectors" - so I can just locate my trolley jacks under them and lift away without doing any damage - other safe methods are available!

josh1073

Aug 29, 2017
Are you able to jack it up using the rear jacking points and stick the axle stands under the front ones while it's up?

Sorry for the late reply had some things that popped up. Unfortunately the jack i am using (a simple cheap RAC 2 ton hydraulic jack) does not lift high enough.