Aux sound into the Alana Head Unit

Boom^

¿Puede hablar Español?
Hi My ibiza mk4 FR has the standard Alana head unit.
I have a car PC in the boot and to get sound from that to the head unit im using a low power FM transmitter. The sound quality is OK but theres background hiss and id like to be able to get a direct line in.

I know the simplest solution would be to replace the head unit, but then that opens up lots of expense + finding one that works with steering wheel controls etc.

Id like to be able to get aux sound in. Ive read somewhere that you can get an adaptor an SDIF or something like that that fools the head unit into thinking you have a CD Changer so that you can pipe sound in that way. Does anyone know if these exist, if so where do i get them from?

Thank you very much!

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
I need one to hook my PS2 into the back of the head unit. I checked for head units with inputs and steering wheel controls for the ibiza and was told by 3 different shops no one was making them yet!!!

boss1986

Oct 27, 2006
Leeds
i wanted something like that for my ipod, guy in halfords cause theres nothing that would work.
there no proper aux cd changer port.

only option was 100pound seat cable or new headunit.
i went for the alpine 9850Ri ipod full speed

just taken some pics of the back of the alana headunit from mine.
only way is using something made by seat or 3rd party for seat headunits. or find out what the pin outs are and make your own

picture001aav0.jpg

picture002np6.jpg

as you can see there not a lot of ports to connect something to it

boss1986

Oct 27, 2006
Leeds
hehe :cartman: :p ;)
and my shakey hand holding the camera and my elbow on the floor

picked that up today when i went to see about some touchup paint and an LCR splitter(the catalogue not my shaking hands:D) (not in there by the way) and they said £20 inc vat and be after xmas :( im off to another dealer tomorrow.

thought id throw it in the picture hehe

Last edited:

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
The accessory catalogue is crap. (unless u want some roof bars to carry ur bikes for ur cycling trip in the mountains) :cartman:

Only thing i woldnt mind out of it wud be the cd holder for below ur radio, but bit too dear for something that just hold 4 or so cds (when my sunvisor does the same job. lol)

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I went down the same route, I've got an fm transmitter which connects to my iPod which I can play through the car stereo. (I've been told it's illegal in the uk?)
So I asked the dealer when I picked the car up, can I connect my iPod to an adapter which can be easily fitted to the car stereo...yes they said, 100 pounds inc fitting. I thought this was rather expensive, so am currently trying to sweet talk my mate to fit one to my car if I buy one of these adapters, on the cheap? Well it's Christmas, it's already too expensive! Lol

:ban:

gazjones

i pods can be connected using the cd changer outputs so i think the pc could be attached using these same pins as the following diagram shows
Iso1.jpg

Iso2.jpg

Iso3.jpg

Boom^

¿Puede hablar Español?
Well I got the car2pc adaptor and like a numpty got trunk mounting cable version. I thought that meant its a long cable coz the equipment was mounted in the trunk.. nooooo its a totally different end so doesnt fit at all.. That pin out is very useful, now to get a pin out of car2pc adaptor so i can begin some modding :D ....
Ive seen what could be the correct cable on indash.org but its gonna be another £15 with shipping and everything and im thinking nah.

Failing that, has anybody got the CD Changer cable for an Seat ibiza, coz i think thats what the end of my adaptor is wanting to plug into. a cd changer cable.

Cheers

hende1210

Im just looking at the wiring diagrams, what would you use to connect an amp to this; C1, C2. And C3 for the ground? what wiring clips would i use?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Im just looking at the wiring diagrams, what would you use to connect an amp to this; C1, C2. And C3 for the ground? what wiring clips would i use?

Depends if your amping fron / rear or all speakers.

C1 = Left Rear +
C2 = Right Rear +
C4 = Left Front +
C5 = Right Front +

C3 = common ground for all 4 chanels

You can get a pre-out connector block for the audi/vw/seat head units

EDIT - here is the lead - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yellow-6-pin-...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item27ad79fa09

Last edited:

dickieboi84

Nov 27, 2011
aux cable

Which C pins would i need to attach a aux cable too...? Red to.. White to.. earth...?

benny12357

Feb 2, 2012
Swindon
From memory, the connector that i bought connects to 18,19,20..
18 = gnd
19 = left channel sound
20 = right channel
Cant remember which colour is right and left..

Hope this helps.

Kev07

kev
Feb 14, 2011
aberdeen
Hi My ibiza mk4 FR has the standard Alana head unit.
I have a car PC in the boot and to get sound from that to the head unit im using a low power FM transmitter. The sound quality is OK but theres background hiss and id like to be able to get a direct line in.

I know the simplest solution would be to replace the head unit, but then that opens up lots of expense + finding one that works with steering wheel controls etc.

Id like to be able to get aux sound in. Ive read somewhere that you can get an adaptor an SDIF or something like that that fools the head unit into thinking you have a CD Changer so that you can pipe sound in that way. Does anyone know if these exist, if so where do i get them from?

Thank you very much!

Yeh there is such a thing my mate found one on ebay and fitted it on saturday. so simple its ace. just removed his headunit. there was a connector that fiited it to the block connector. there was a little control unit that you connect up and hide behind your headunit. he pulled out his store compartment and ran the aux.cable through the holes in the compartment and that was it fitted. then you pressed the cd player button and it played with good.quality. just search seat ibiza aux interface.

benny12357

Feb 2, 2012
Swindon
Way I did it was bought this ebay number: 260490716773

And:400269573085

I drilled a hole in the square next to the handbrake, then soldered it all up, quite easy to get all the cabling to where the socket was aswell, all you have to do is pull up the transmission tunnel a little bit and slot the cable up and then you cant see it!

Looks like completely standard and is perfect sound.. and also gives me a more tidy car because I dont always want a cable so when i dont i can put it in the glove box! :p

If you want any pictures then just ask and i'll be happy to supply :)
cost me about £5

Ben