Split bloody crankcase breather hose!

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
mine has a hole in and inside is nasty nasty nasty with oil and crustyness!!! part number
06A103221AH
DSC00404.jpg

split is right on the corner of the hose that comes out of the top of the engine,

Can i drive it even though ive wrapped around a shed load of PTFE tape and then insulation tape around it?

Because i cant get a new one until tuesday from the stealers and a VW breakers say they dont have them as its an AUDI part and AUDI breakers dont have them because they are prone to perishing.
went to bristol just to get sweet FA!!

sargey

Escaped mental patient
Aug 16, 2006
Weston-super-crapland
well ive done it, went down to the motor factors and got some silicon hose cant remember what diameter but put it this way, the 17-25mm jubilee clips(think thats the size) only just fit over it lol. its tight like a virgin but it wont be comin off too quick thats for sure!!
had to mod my engine cover too
DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but at a recent service they pointed out that my oil breather pipes were perishing and on their way out. Presumably it's this one which looks pretty easy to change, are there any others that are likely to fail at around the same time that I might need to change? I haven't got much more or time at the moment but could do with sorting this out before it fails and pisses oil all over the place.

Cheers.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I've been suffering with the same issues. I've had three new oil breathers fitted in 3 months. The one into the cam cover is a common fault. I think Seat make them out of chocolate. Mine went a day before i was due to go to RWYB at santa pod :(

052007_1012_132608.jpg

I wish i'd gone down the silicone replacement route but didn't have time to source the parts :( Ended up paying £50 to have it changed at my last service :cry:

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
I've just checked the invoice from my service and they've marked that it's the breather hoses underneath the inlet manifold that are showing signs of leaking, so not the same one then. Has anyone had to replace the ones underneath the inlet manifold?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I've just checked the invoice from my service and they've marked that it's the breather hoses underneath the inlet manifold that are showing signs of leaking, so not the same one then. Has anyone had to replace the ones underneath the inlet manifold?

yep.

had one of those split :(

paul26982

ressurecting an old thread here but' this has happened to mine, exactly the same as in post 12 in the picture, does anyone know the dimentions of the hose needed and what parts I.E T-peice etc for defo as need to replace ASAP

paul26982

cheers andy, didnt know if that was a defo, you know the approx length, going to order now

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.