Paint Code

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Hi Guys
Does anyone on here know the paint code for Emocion Red on 2005 Alteas?
Its supposed to be on a sticker under the floor in the boot but this sticker doesn't seem to exist in my car!

Cheers

Chris

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
Think its s3h, but its too late for me to get up and go look. It will be oin the service book, it has the same sticker thats suposed to be in the boot.

Flippin painted one this colour in work last week, but my head is a sieve

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
hmmm, i called SEAT this morning and they said they could find out from my VIN number....
They came up with code 9m

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
No spare wheel :(

I have not looked in the service book, bloody annoying as well because I have sent a member of my family away now to get the paint.... based upon the 9M that SEAT give me!

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
9M just doasn't seem like a code

Most VAG group paints start with an "L"

that's exactly what I thought when they give it to me!!
But the guy at the dealer was insistent!!

Just have this really bad feeling that i am getting 3 cans of the wrong paint mixed up as we speak....

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Nearly had some Emocian Red to give you as AC in Edinburgh up to their usual tricks again and ordered me in touch up paint for my Eclipse Blue which was Emocian Red. They never get any better....

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
well not needing lacquer will save me loads of time!

Car needs to be finished before Edition 38!!! Although I don't think it will be as I am in France next week!

Any other Altea drivers going to be about at edition??

Spotted a nice black one at Tatton last week with an Awesome GTi sticker on the back!

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
Aslong as the pint you get mixed is a direct gloss and not a basecoat you wont need lacquer.

As as for VAG codes, the number depicts the colour, 3 is red, 5 is blue, 9 is black, and 7 is silver, etc

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
3p3p is also the code for this colour, it apears on my windscreen every time it steames up, (was obviously the vehicle specs when new)

Typed it into computer in work and it worked

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
For all the 5P-owners, who are owning "old fashioned" coloured cars ... ;)

Lackcodes_5P9605.jpg

sheet is dating back to 2005 ... so newer colours are missing ... but the most common ones can be easily associated, I hope, even if colour description is in german.

greets ... Klaus

EDIT:
In the above list the SEAT colourcode for emocionred is missing: 9M9M

Last edited:

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Found my code in the Service/Inspection Manual on the inside page. think it was #3 on the list.
hhmmm .... #3 on the list is emocionred (LS3H) ... (at least as I interpret your comment)

and tinta black (as in your signature) is definitely the last one (LS9N).

Maybe some misunderstanding?

no not the list provided by you. look at your servicing manual or its proper name is: "Inspection and Maintenance plan" booklet that you should have with your car. it is basically the schedule for dealers to stamp your booklet once you get it serviced.

On the inside page you will see a load of codes on a label.

1. Vehicle identification number

2. Identification of type / Model / PR Motor / PR Gearbox / characteristics, trim / motor / gearbox

3. Identification Code for motor / Gearbox / Paintwork Reference / Internal Equipment

4. PR Codes, Variable equipment

#3 will show the codes for a few items, one of them being your Paint code.

Mine shows

BKD
LS9N DN

LS9N is a code for Tinta Black .

you now need to look at yours Inspection and Maintenance plan book and see if you have a label on the inside. failing this you need to contact a dealer and give them the Vehicle identification number (VIN number) they can work out what you paint code is from their databases.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.