How do you remove spark plugs: AKL engine ???

silver123

Apr 2, 2007
Hi, I thought I could remove spark plugs on my Leon but I found out it is more complicated than I thought + I don't even have the correct tool (I thought that I could use the tool that I use on lawn mower when I change spark plug)

This is ELSA instructions how to change spark plugs on AKL engine

udf-untitl.jpg

This is are two photos of AKL engine withought the PVC engine covers and you can see that two sparks are positioned behind intake manifold and are very hard to reach.
suc-BILD01.jpg

wxs-BILD01.jpg

Now if the mechanic can remove sparks withought prior removing the intake manifold with injectors he must be a wonder guy, because I can't even remove high voltage cable caps from sparks.
Any practical ideas (except to take it to the SEAT workshop)?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you're struggling to get the HT leads off - why not just whip off the inlet manifold

I have to do it on my Clio, took an extra 5 mins onto the 10 min job.. easy peasy.

ottosson

I would like to know in wich order the ignition cables i supposed to sit at the side opposite to the spark plugs. My original cables have the numbers '2, 1, 3, 4' (at the spark plugs) from left to right, standing in front of the vehicle. But in the other end of the cables I have the names A, B, C, D at the cables, but which letter sits where?
A picture would be really good.. I'm afraid I have mixed the letters up..

onvi tom

Oct 8, 2011
these are tricky buggers and no need to remove the inlet which is a barstool
i personally youse a 16mm sparkplug socket 3/8 wobbly bit and 12" extention easy

ottosson

these are tricky buggers and no need to remove the inlet which is a barstool
i personally youse a 16mm sparkplug socket 3/8 wobbly bit and 12" extention easy

I have figured out the part of how to get the cables loose without removing the inlet.. its the opposite I am after, but thanks for the tip!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.