Leon 09/10 - Tailgate Spoiler

Jumbo

I have ordered a new FR TDI which is due early in the new year. I have a tailgate spoiler on my existing FR and want the same on the new car. The rear design has changed re the hatch and I wondered if anyone has either fitted the latest spoiler to suit or has any photos of what it looks like.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Jumbo

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Here are some pictures of the facelift spoiler on my car.

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

Reactions: roboceeFR

Jumbo

Steve,
Thanks very much for the photos.
I assume it is glued to the outer lip of the existing hatch lip all the way along.
Can you confirm?
Is it ok to show the photos to my dealer as they did not have any illustration?

Cheers

Jumbo

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
No problem.
You are correct the spoiler is glued all along to existing lip. I believe they did not dare touch it for 24 hours.
If you wnat to show your dealer the pics I have no problems with that, glad to help.
If I remeber I think it cost me just short of £250 for the spoiler, painting and fitting.

Jumbo

No problem.
You are correct the spoiler is glued all along to existing lip. I believe they did not dare touch it for 24 hours.
If you wnat to show your dealer the pics I have no problems with that, glad to help.
If I remeber I think it cost me just short of £250 for the spoiler, painting and fitting.

Cheers Steve,
You have been a great help.
I have ordered a Speed Blue FR with the 18" previous Cupra style alloys in Black. If the spoiler had been similar to the existing one and standing away from the body I was contemplating getting bit painted gloss black. However, your photos have convinced be to go for the body colour.

One more question. Is the glue line visible or do they use a clear adhesive?

Thanks again

Jumbo

Last edited by a moderator:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
You cant see the glue anywhere, If its like the glue I have seen before it was a dark grey in colour (comes in a Masitik tube) but I never seen the one with Seats.

Congrats on your order. Has the car you ordered got to come from the factory ? If it has, the wait will be worth it.
If I was you I would change the door mirror covers to black to match the wheels. The speed blue with black looks smart. I test drove a pre-facelift FR in these colours and it look well good.

Jumbo

Steve, Thanks again for the reply. Much appreciated.
As for the new car, I ordered at the end of October and hope for delivery sometime in February. I would hope to register for 1 March 2010. As you suggest, I will be fitting the black mirror covers, door pillar and grille. I did this on the existing car and I think it will look ok with the blue also. Only other options are the convenience pack and winter pack. The better half likes heated seats and right now up here they would be handy.

Happy New Year

Jumbo

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
That's wicked. I'm going to get the part no's off seats website. Does the front aero bumper have that lower lip as standard. Goes well with the skirts!

I'll have to order the one for headlamp washers. Hope I can keep my front parking sensors.

Cheers for the link. :D

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
I can't decide between the full kit or like you picking parts to fit like skirts, spolier.

Also there is the cupra r spolier now

Hey mate just thought i'd put a few pics on my FL Cupra up i went for the black on Orange look.

picture.php

picture.php

What you think.. think the Gloss black looks great with the Orange i hadthe lower rear bumper section done in gloss black to match the mirrors the gill and the front splitter.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
That's wicked. I'm going to get the part no's off seats website. Does the front aero bumper have that lower lip as standard. Goes well with the skirts!

I'll have to order the one for headlamp washers. Hope I can keep my front parking sensors.

Cheers for the link. :D

Yes the lower lip is standard.
The front sensors do not fit with the aero bumper though and if you remove them the rear ones will not work.
There was a thread on here about it, I will try and find it.

Found it
www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270703

Last edited:

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
deann - thats really nice mate. I may have to go down that route as I have parking sensors and will loose these if I go for the aero bumper. I met up with a member on here last night who has an orange cupra and its well smart. I went for the FR as I need the mileage out of the diesel but want to do some cosmetic tweaks.

HotHatchSteve - Cheers mate, I will look at the thread but may have to accept I cant get that kit without losing parking sensors. I was considering just skirts and spolier but I think the front aero design leads nicely into the skirts down the side.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members