Cold Air Intake Kits

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
I'm quite sure of that I saw an engine bay photo here, which takes my interest to cai.

It was taking fresh air from top of the grill, which is also same with stock flat filter.

Got simota carbon kit now, but it sucks the air in engine bay. I'm afraid that urban usage at 20-30 km/h speeds the air which goes to filter is not cold enough. Extra urban usage isn't problem though, too much air goes into engine bay, I guess circulation of cold air is enough in bay so my cai is able to take cold air.

Here starts my question, I want to take air from top of the grill but couldn't see any open-air filter for my 1.4 non-TSI 85 hp engine. Any idea which fits mine?

Will post pics now

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
here is the one that I looking for:

CIMG0818.jpg

mine is here:

17032010291.jpg

don't need the filter tbh, I need the rest of kit, especially the part that connects to the place I mentioned before, top of the grill. What can I do / how can I get them?

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
I can test it for non-TSI 1.4 too :cartman:

There can be a different solution, my task is sucking fresh air from outside of engine bay :confused:

Hi mate, I found this on internet, it's a 1.4 petrol engine. Same as yours

1485cvcda.jpg

cheers!

Mate you have a tsi engine and that is a standard 1.4. You CAN'T fit it to your engine.

if ur post is for Eladb dunno his engine, but, I CAN fit it to my non-TSI 1.4 :) as I told before, task is getting fresh air from outside of the engine. Hoses are easy part of the job, need the carbon box OR something like that which will isolate heat getting into air filter. I can install air filter in it myself, just need the box :) :) planning to use AEM filter btw.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.