retrofitting front cup holder

boomhauwer

1.4 TDI Turbomotive :D
Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
for some reason , I don't have a front cup holder in the dash, i want one because it annoys me.

can it be done without removing the centre dash?

thank you.

Paul

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
It is actually very easy job to do.
Takes only about 15 minutes.

The radio, storage compartment (under the radio) and the bezel / facia around it needs to come off. All the switches and the cup holder are attached to a single bracket which is screwed on the bezel / facia. After the bracket is removed you can pop off the dummy cover and slide in the cup holder unit.

You will only need a torx screw driver (size 15 iirc) and a thin prying tool (made of PLASTIC / nylon to prevent scratches).

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
You sure? i thought all mk4s come with cup holders, i've seen reference models with them, it should be by the hazard switch

If you don't fancy messing with the dash you can get one that fits in just behind the handbrake, slightly out of the way but at least its harder to spill :D

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
it's a plastic mount which sits in the rear cigarette compartment

shouldn't think it would be too pricey

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
it's a plastic mount which sits in the rear cigarette compartment

shouldn't think it would be too pricey
You don't happen to know where there's a piccy of one of them do you buddy?

I've already got a cup holder in mine but would fit the one in the back if it looks good, as I don't smoke and won't let anyone smoke in my car due to the smell, so I see the cigarette compartment slightly useless! :p

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
DSC_0004.jpg

ArmrestFixture.jpg

my picture whoring has actually come in use :p

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
You sure? i thought all mk4s come with cup holders, i've seen reference models with them, it should be by the hazard switch

If you don't fancy messing with the dash you can get one that fits in just behind the handbrake, slightly out of the way but at least its harder to spill :D

there is just a black cover next to the hazzard button. I have the cupholder behind my armrest, but it is annoying to get your (open) can while driving...:censored:
can anyone look up how much the 'pop-out' cupholder in the front cost? (via etka?)

what you can do with a ibiza is, a 33cl cola can, can balance on the small edge in front of your aircon vent :D

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
for some reason , I don't have a front cup holder in the dash, i want one because it annoys me.

can it be done without removing the centre dash?

thank you.

Paul

I've had three Ibiza's
On two of them the cup holder broke 3 times each (atleast) and I had them replaced under warrenty.

Got the Cupra now, Just out of warrenty and the cup holders broken.

**** cup holders.

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
Winds me up that you can't just open the cup holder up and fix the broken spring or whatever has snapped. It is such an inferior piece of kit.

But what is this cigarette compartment? I have what I assumed was a cup holder there?

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Thanks for the pics phil :)

I've got a cup holder there too.. thats why I was getting a bit confused when you were all on about cigarette compartments lol.

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
I've also seen the front ash tray been replaced by a open compartment and the 12V plug...

why are all ibiza different???? for instance, I have the boot light, no glove compartment light , all weird stuff about an ibiza...I also have a different dash pattern than some other ibizas...

Binz

where can i buy the rear cup holder from to replace the ash tray?
googled and ebayed but nothing there, search for etka took me to vagcat.com, so registered and logged in then when i click on catalogue it takes me to vagcat.com/epc but all i get is an empty window. should i just go to a vag dealer and get the part from them?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
where can i buy the rear cup holder from to replace the ash tray?
googled and ebayed but nothing there, search for etka took me to vagcat.com, so registered and logged in then when i click on catalogue it takes me to vagcat.com/epc but all i get is an empty window. should i just go to a vag dealer and get the part from them?
Having read the above posts it seems you can get them from your local SEAT dealer for ~£5 if I've understood it all correctly...

So yes just go to the dealer. ;)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I've also seen the front ash tray been replaced by a open compartment and the 12V plug...

why are all ibiza different???? for instance, I have the boot light, no glove compartment light , all weird stuff about an ibiza...I also have a different dash pattern than some other ibizas...

i know seems they are put together with anything in the parts bin! whats this about a different texture on the dashboard? pics?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.