Silver Surfer - 20VT Mk4: Spaced!

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Hey all, been the proud owner of a 56 plate Silver petrol FR for a couple of weeks now, and love it!

Managed to get it for a cracking price, with only 34K on the clock.

Here are some pictures:

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

My plans are to take it to stage 2, with some aesthetically upgrades as well as rigorous handling changes :D

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Some goodies arrived a day or two after I bought it :D

DSC_0496.jpg

Which were fitted right away:

DSC_0499.jpg

then my SS strut brace turned up a few days ago:

photo1.jpg

I've got myself soem 16mm rear spacers to go on, just need to get some longer bolts.
I've also got some wind deflectors on order, and my Miltek turbo back exhaust should be here in a couple of days! :D

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Cheers guys. I went for a non-resonated - need to get the noisy car phase out of my system haha. Chased Andy (at Awesome) for an update as to when the exhaust will be here, he said Milltek haven't made the downpipe yet, and will be sent on the 27th :(

On the plus side though I'm getting my TIP fitted tomorrow, so more pics will follow shortly :D

Damn car is out of petrol again....I must be averaging about 20mpg at the moment lmao

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cos,

Your car looks to be in very good condition. Really like silver, especially when the sun is shinning. I think with the 16mm spacers fitted, the rear end will look much better than the 'standard look'. I'm sure the wait for your Milltek will be worth the wait! I'm very envious. Are you happy with the APR recirc valve? What future plans do you have in mind? Are you going to focus more on performance or/and looks? Stage two will be a lot of fun in this. Would look nice lowered on its belly.

Hope you enjoy owning your car mate :)

Last edited:

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Thanks all! Damoegan, FMIC is going to be bought with my next paycheck.

And the APR R1 is pretty good, I'm sure I'll see some major benefit when I'm running more power though. It sounds decent once you've done a few miles in it

My list of plans is as followed (in no particular order):

Power
Panel filter
APR R1
Forge T.I.P
SS FMIC
Stage 2 software
Turbo back decat exhaust

Handling
SS F Strut brace
Coilovers
Spacers
Whiteline RARB
Rear strut brace
Poly/cupra bushes
Engine mount

Aesthetics
LCR Splitter
Pressed plates
Stubby aerial
Some gloss black vinyling

Possibly might debadge, but I quite like having the lettering there. But on the other hand I like the idea of having a (sort of) sleeper. I'll think about it when I'm at stage 2 :p

and there's probably a lot more which I can't think of right now!

Last edited:

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Good plans there for her! why not skip stage2 and get a GT28 :D

Haha, I've already been convinced to skip to stage 2, don't tempt me :p I think stage 2 power is all I'm going to want in a FWD car tbh

Wind deflectors fitted:

WindDef.jpg

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Finally got round to fitting the T.I.P. All I can say is, what a bitch of a job that was! Had to trim off about 10mm in the end.

Here's a pic:

DSC_0505.jpg

I can feel a difference though. It sounds like the turbo spools up sooner (around 2k RPM), and the throttle is more responsive. Overall, a good mod!

Here are some arty shots a mate of mine took a couple of weeks ago when I bought the car:

in_the_spotlight_1_by_richardsim7-d2xkvkc.jpg

give_way_by_richardsim7-d2xkvns.jpg

seat_ibiza_by_richardsim7-d2xkvqt.jpg

red_revs_by_richardsim7-d2xkvzo.jpg

Last edited:

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Had a lovely package from Awesome today:

PhotoSep2825736PM.jpg

DP will be fitted as soon as my MOT is out the way, may crack on the with cat-back later today!

Cos

20VT, bitches!
Aug 27, 2010
Brighton
Fitted some 16mm spacers to the rear. Such a subtle mod which makes the car look miles better

Before:

DSC_0506.jpg

After:

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.